ClubRoadster.net banner

5861 - 5880 of 6059 Posts

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,648 Posts
Well Henry that’s one way to return to us... don’t love it tho. Sry bby. Coming to Sanderson tomorrow?

Someone come swap my brakes back...

·
Mufasa in Training
32,339 Posts
Do they have the motor out or subframe off? Why are they doing the oil pan gasket? Seems like an odd choice.
When they got the transmission off, they noticed a bad a bad leak from the pan. I figured since it's an 18yr-old car with 130k on the clock at a shop that is capable of doing the job, I'd just let them do it while they're working on it.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,648 Posts
I guess I should ask... do you mean the half circle gasket at the back? At first I read it as they’re pulling the pan and redoing the seal (not actually a gasket).

Too many beers and too much greasy pizza last night. Really unmotivated to do much of anything right now.

·
1000% Jake
4,565 Posts
Well Henry that’s one way to return to us... don’t love it tho. Sry bby. Coming to Sanderson tomorrow?

Someone come swap my brakes back...
I'd have to change some things and maybe a transmission swap. I just like the look. I want to drive up and down Bellevue Way and watch people get confused and offended.

Car isn't done. I wish it was, I'd be at Bible Creek this weekend.

Wait. I could run my other Miata at autocross because no safety requirements or whatever. Hmm.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,339 Posts
I guess I should ask... do you mean the half circle gasket at the back? At first I read it as they’re pulling the pan and redoing the seal (not actually a gasket).
I mean the full seal. Miss-wording on my part.

Played two games today. +2 on the day, with at least one good shot on net. Fun times!

·
1000% Jake
4,565 Posts
Fake news. See you tomorrow.

If only Conner had a Miata...
Yeah, it probably helps that I've been running with NWAA for four or five years now. Special dispensation has been granted.

I put some Rivals on the street car. It looks so much more beefcar now. Pondering whether to swap the trunklid with the wang... I'll have to raise the rear of the car a bunch.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,339 Posts
Hopefully everyone is outside enjoying the pandemic?
Masks on all day at King's Island.

Kicking myself about the car. Have a feeling I'm going to have a fight (or more money to spend) getting what I want out of it.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
9,505 Posts
What’s wrong with it now?

Had a good day - installed car parts, did some work, watched the coyotes beat nashville, and played golf. Now time for tacos and cocktails, and Mario Kart.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,339 Posts
What’s wrong with it now?
Haven't gotten it back from the shop. Made the mistake of paying for what work they've done without actually having seen the car.

It's just another way in life I don't tend to actually get what I want because I don't know how to properly assert myself.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
9,505 Posts
Assuming it’s a reputable shop, I’m sure it’ll be fine. although yeah, I wouldn’t pay for anything until it’s ready to be delivered.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,339 Posts
Assuming it’s a reputable shop, I’m sure it’ll be fine. although yeah, I wouldn’t pay for anything until it’s ready to be delivered.
Yeah...I'm terrible about that. I don't want to be perceived as deadbeat, and I'm terrible at confrontation.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,339 Posts
What’s up? What did they goof on?
They still have to do the oil pan seal job, of course.

Mostly, I don't know what's up with the ride height. They said the rear height wasn't as good as they'd have liked, but I have no idea what that means. They're supposed to be getting done with it on Tuesday, but I don't know, and I don't want to show up and say "ummm, no...fix it again."

Problem is, as FREAKING OBVIOUS AS IT WOULD BE to be a stubborn assertive arse and say "you're going to have to explain this in more detail" and, "no, I will not pay a cent until I am happy with the car", those thoughts do not occur to me in the moment. Instead, it's "pay up, smile, and hope it all works out." or some stupid approximation.

Clearly I am not in my comfort zone here.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,339 Posts
Are you getting the car aligned by them, is that why you're concerned?

Can't they just send you pictures?
Yes, and I've asked, but haven't heard anything back. I paid up anyway.

·
Super Moderator
6,492 Posts
They're supposed to be getting done with it on Tuesday, but I don't know, and I don't want to show up and say "ummm, no...fix it again."
That's literally all you have to say. You actually already thought it, just be prepared to say it if it doesn't look how you want it to.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,339 Posts
That's literally all you have to say. You actually already thought it, just be prepared to say it if it doesn't look how you want it to.
Yeah, that's the problem. I don't want to show up with my wife and kids waiting in the car and say "no, fix it again" and have this discussion, come back to the car, and have to explain to everyone that I'll have to come back again. That voice screams in my head all the time, and those sorts of thoughts are why I make rushed (and supposedly safe) decisions that ultimately are not 100% in my own interests.

5861 - 5880 of 6059 Posts