ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 60 of 6141 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
It's 25 years here in the States
30 here in Italy.
Rather, it became 30 soon as the '97s became old enough to be considered classics. Heavens'.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I didnt realize that different countries had different age requirements for classics but that stands to reason as cars will last a lot longer in warmer, drier climates. At any rate my 93 is still technically a classic in north America and quickly approaching in Italy apparently.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,663 Posts
I don’t think Miatas qualify because they already had modern components like fuel injection and disc brakes. If the original Miata was carbed on drums then bringing them current could qualify.

·
8,663 Posts
One reason I bought my 91 was it would soon be at 25 years so no more emissions. Now Washington doesn’t do them anymore anyway. Kill everything.

·
Registered
299 Posts
So are we all restomodding miatas now?
If your Miata is updated but still appearing stock then technically yes. However, classic car purists will probably argue that point extensively. Bringing a Miata up to modern standards is pretty easy because the technology isnt anywhere near as outdated. Restomodders are replacing drum brakes, manual steering and long outdated suspension and steering geometry while trying very hard to hide their updates.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Say you took an old MGA and put the power train, suspension and brakes out of a Miata in it... that would be more in the "resto-mod" camp.
Edit: dont forget the "resto" part. The car has to look like it just rolled off the assembly line.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
9,516 Posts
This forum gets more and more like M.net each day

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you want a Miata really brought to modern standards, check this guy out!

Of course, the car looks nothing like how it got out the factory, but still, I reckon that's pretty cool stuff.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,350 Posts
This forum gets more and more like M.net each day
We need another Andy (ie as young as Andy was when we got here). The crew is collectively aging. Next thing you know, we'll be making appointments to show up at 7am at the nearest McDonald's for breakfast every Tuesday.

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,201 Posts
I've always got something I want to spend money on, I just won't spend the money. Can't pull the trigger, so to speak, lol
Right, so tell me what you want, give me the money and I'll buy whatever. Then you have what you want without the angst of spending the money yourself. What else are friends for?

Just did my first repair since getting home yesterday. The power head for one of the vacuums wasn't working (according to what I was told) so I disassembled and had a look. Nothing presented so put it back together and it is working. Head-scratching moment there. For some strange reason Shark now uses Torx security type screws for assembly. Amazingly my wife managed to get three of the screws out using my Torx bits.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The guy's got a truly amazing Miata btw.

And it makes a lot of cool beep boops whenever you do anything, because that's all you want in a car you have to drive every day!

·
Registered
508 Posts
We need another Andy (ie as young as Andy was when we got here). The crew is collectively aging. Next thing you know, we'll be making appointments to show up at 7am at the nearest McDonald's for breakfast every Tuesday.
They need youngins like me.
THEY NEED YOUNGINS LIKE ME!
Well, they actually don't, but I wanted to paraphrase Nicki's Chun Li.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Who'll be laughing when y'all will be swapping stock shocks back in because all your coilovers are suddenly too harsh on your back?
Me. I'll be laughing. Laughing at my own jokes bc I'm such a prankster, exdee exdee.

·
8,663 Posts
You know when someone doesn’t take a hint and then doesn’t take a flatout statement and then doesn’t take a much less subtle hint and then... FFS...

Mellows harshed on day 1.

·
Murse Magnet
7,468 Posts
You know at the school lunch table there is always that one kid that when he sits at the table everyone gets up and leaves to a new table only to have that same kid follow again. You were that kid, weren't you?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Mellows harshed on day 1.
I'm sorry, I had to. And I was actually interested in finding out. Again, sorry. Last time, word.
You know at the school lunch table there is always that one kid that when he sits at the table everyone gets up and leaves to a new table only to have that same kid follow again. You were that kid, weren't you?
We don't have lunch at school here.

If it entertains you, feel free to believe the entire country banned it because I kept trying to sit at every table. I won't say otherwise.

41 - 60 of 6141 Posts