ClubRoadster.net banner

7481 - 7500 of 7854 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
32,672 Posts
Shame you guys don't live here. There's a great root beer stand here in town. Makes its own root beer once a year--meaning that if you don't like the recipe, you're stuck with it for a year, lol

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
There's a surprisingly high number of places to snag some craft soda even in upstate NY. I imagine that number is even bigger here, which is cool. Maybe I'll drink someday, maybe not. There's a lot of sodas I haven't tried.

I did brew about 5-6 batches of my own rootbeer and was narrowing in on what I was really looking for but I kind of got busy and have't done it since. Been about ten years I think. I had a forced carb setup and some 5 gallon kegs, the whole deal really.

Rootbeers and corndogs sounds great. Heartburn city but I can be young one more time I think.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
9,800 Posts
Soda should be taxed like gasoline. So ridiculously unhealthy, and a primary driver of our national health emergency.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,916 Posts
I drink probably a soda per month. Occasionally sounds good but not sure how most of America drinks a gallon per day. I literally had a tech that drank a 6 pack every workday...

Trying to line up a deal on a 95 5.0. This seems smarter than a carby boy.

And 15 minutes til Marge’s appt. My stomach is in knots.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,672 Posts
FWIW, I tried jacking up the car by using the flat of the diff (before anyone objects, even Keith Tanner mentions that as a jack point). Sure enough, I heard the exact same creaking I've been hearing from the rear end. Not 100% sure, but it seems like it's driveline related. Could it be that the tranny and/or PPF weren't put back in at the right angle? Seems so unlikely that they'd touch the diff mounts. That said, how do you even hit those bolts? I've never had occasion to touch them.

·
Murse Magnet
7,615 Posts
FWIW, I tried jacking up the car by using the flat of the diff (before anyone objects, even Keith Tanner mentions that as a jack point). Sure enough, I heard the exact same creaking I've been hearing from the rear end. Not 100% sure, but it seems like it's driveline related. Could it be that the tranny and/or PPF weren't put back in at the right angle? Seems so unlikely that they'd touch the diff mounts. That said, how do you even hit those bolts? I've never had occasion to touch them.
To adjust PPF angle you adjust the bolts that are mounted to the transmission, not the differential.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,672 Posts
To adjust PPF angle you adjust the bolts that are mounted to the transmission, not the differential.
I was specifically asking about how to reach the diff mount bolts. I was also asking about the possiblity of the PPF not being straight in. I'm really clutching at straws here--I'm far out of my ability to troubleshoot.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,916 Posts
Had an onco appt about Marge. She’s likely riddled with cancer. Might do a CT scan but she’s pretty high risk in her current condition. We’d rather she die in our arms than on a table. Switching up some meds and likely starting oral chemo soonish. No real diagnosis so no real prognosis. Gonna give her the best whatever she’s got left. **** me. At least it’s been a good 13 months.

And let’s move past that. I can’t handle anymore talk of it right now.

Bryan there are 3 nuts for the diff. One big one center of the cup and two smaller ones forward (I think). I haven’t tried to access them with axles in so that’s as much help as I can offer. I’ve also never had to align the PPF. I’ve always just bolted it in as it was and no issues. I’d probably check all the PPF bolts to be safe.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,672 Posts
I won't dawdle on the point, but oh man, my heart seriously breaks for you :(

Thank you for the advice. I'm thinking I need to revisit the PPF bolts, but that doesn't explain the side-to-side noise (which at first I thought was a swaybar clunk).

7481 - 7500 of 7854 Posts