ClubRoadster.net banner

8801 - 8820 of 8979 Posts

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
9,083 Posts
Low mileage isn't a requirement, but I generally feel better about 120k than 350k. Having just bought a Mustang with 212k and its share of issues I'm all too familiar with this game. I don't know why I hadn't looked more seriously at Foresters before now. They're a dime a dozen and most have had the head gaskets done at this point. //another contender enters the ring

·
Murse Magnet
7,711 Posts
Low mileage isn't a requirement, but I generally feel better about 120k than 350k. Having just bought a Mustang with 212k and its share of issues I'm all too familiar with this game. I don't know why I hadn't looked more seriously at Foresters before now. They're a dime a dozen and most have had the head gaskets done at this point. //another contender enters the ring
I’m fairly certain foresters use a cvt transmission.

·
Resident BMW Apologist
2,917 Posts
Pilot is solid option except for potential transmission issues. Would be tough to find a good one for $4k though. I have a lot of experience with this platform. My family has probably put something like 600k miles in total on two MDXs, an Odyssey and an RDX over the past 20 years.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,835 Posts
Got the new head unit wired up. Just got to plug it all in and test it.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,835 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Pilot is solid option except for potential transmission issues. Would be tough to find a good one for $4k though. I have a lot of experience with this platform. My family has probably put something like 600k miles in total on two MDXs, an Odyssey and an RDX over the past 20 years.
That's the one thing I've heard about them. My gparents had an 06 Odyssey up until 2018 or 2019, sold it with 280k miles on it. Thing never had a single issue, just did preventative maintenance.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,835 Posts
I love my Ody. I once said the Pilot is the only SUV I'd want to drive. I think that's mostly because I've had a couple Hondas and no Toyotas.

·
Murse Magnet
7,711 Posts
I love my Ody. I once said the Pilot is the only SUV I'd want to drive. I think that's mostly because I've had a couple Hondas and no Toyotas.
My mom has a MDX (acura version of a pilot) and I have a Gx470 (nicer version of a 4runner). If I had to slim down and get rid of my miata and had to only have one car I think the MDX might be better as a do all car in that it doesn't feel numb to drive. Not that that car is a sporty car by any means but taking turns it does not feel tippy.

The gx on the other hand feels more like an suv. I am happy I have a gx though and I am happy I don't have only one car.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,835 Posts
My sister in law once had an Audi Q7. I described it (upon looking in detail at one of the door hinges) as "obscenely luxurious" :ROFLMAO:

·
Murse Magnet
7,711 Posts
My sister in law once had an Audi Q7. I described it (upon looking in detail at one of the door hinges) as "obscenely luxurious" :ROFLMAO:
One man's obscene is another man's comfy.
I like my daily driver but I would never spend sticker price on one.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,835 Posts
One man's obscene is another man's comfy.
I like my daily driver but I would never spend sticker price on one.
True. Much like what Mr. Regular said about the R8, though, it was just a reminder that there is a level above what I (and perhaps most people) would consider "luxury".

(He says it at the beginning when comparing the Ferrari F360 and the R8 and somewhere later elaborates)

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
9,083 Posts
ARE THE CAMERAS ROLLING?? This is platinum level content. I’ll pay.

Spent an hour helping my buddy with his golf swing. Posting so Steve can help...

Hoping to buy a winter beater this weekend so I can start tearing apart the mustang next week. Parts start rolling in soon...

·
(⌐■_■)
2,276 Posts
A subie would be a good bet for a mountain snow car - their awd system is full time so it's already better than most of the market

Also, Mmmmmmm joe thornton on the maple leafs. When does next season start?

·
Resident BMW Apologist
2,917 Posts
Replaced the belts, tensioners, and idler pulley on the BMW today. The tensioners were scary far gone. Get it all back together and... random misfires. Damn it. Cleared right up when I unplugged the MAF. Double damn it. Time to chase a vacuum leak.
Need to do that on mine. Ordered the parts months ago along with oil filter housing gaskets. Haven’t had time.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Oil changed in the land cruiser. Still needs an axle but this one's messed up already so **** it. Imma drive it.

Now i just need to figure out where to drive it.

8801 - 8820 of 8979 Posts