ClubRoadster.net banner

8821 - 8840 of 8979 Posts

·
1000% Jake
4,697 Posts
Omg angel eyes lol. I'm not sure how I feel about them. Are those LEDs? They definitely don't make the car faster.

So much bad driving at the Porsche Club autocross. It's going to take them four hours to do four runs. I hope they cut the afternoon session short. So far someone has been four wheels off the pavement, and now another car dumped coolant all over the course.

I need a beer.

·
1000% Jake
4,697 Posts
Yeah they're LEDs. They absolutely make the car faster because photons or something.
Actually the photons are going to exert some non-zero force but it will be directed backwards. Afaik.

Porsche club called it quits in the middle of second runs in the afternoon. Wat. At least I'm not standing in the cold. Beer time.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
9,083 Posts
Rearranged some things in the garage and made a new and hopefully final post to sell the rest of my Miata things. Several years in the game means a lot of crap accumulated. Also moved my new wheels into the shed. More space is more gooder. Must keep selling.

·
Super Moderator
2,635 Posts
I got to try out my new hockey stick last night. Although it's the same flex and curve, the kick point is noticeably different. I had like 6 really good chances and was only able to score once, which was actually also my last shot of the night. Once I got dialed in to the differences it was pretty nice though. I knew it would take a minute to adjust but it doesn't make it any less frustrating at game speed when I miss wide by 3 feet with basically the whole side of the net open.

·
Super Moderator
2,635 Posts
Bauer Supreme 2S Pro. It's actually the first Bauer I've ever had, but that's because I always buy the cheapest clearance high end stick I can get in my curve/flex and it just never happened to be a Bauer until this year.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,835 Posts
I need to try stuff. I haven't played long enough to have preferences...

·
Super Moderator
2,635 Posts
The curve is subjective, sort of. What I found is that the curve also has a specific lie that goes with it. Your goal should be to have the bottom of your stick flat on the ice. If you are always on the heel or toe then you are making it much harder on yourself to catch a good pass or have maximum puck control. The way you can tell what you have when you're actually playing is pay attention to the tape wear pattern.

This page has a decent explanation of the concept. Lie – The Stick Guru

Once you figure out what lie you need, you can then match that to the available curves with that lie. Then you can read the curve charts for their suggested uses and shot types and narrow it in even more. In my experience the lie is something you pretty much have to have correct. Once you know the lie then the curve is totally subjective.

Flex is another thing that's fairly subjective. I use a 75 flex stick and really like it. I can get some good whip on my wrist shots. Phil Kessel was known for using a 65 flex which was a big part of what made his wristers what they were. But, I know guys on my team that insist they need a 105 flex. The good thing is that once you know your curve/lie you can pretty much get it with any flex you want.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
9,083 Posts
I thought you just picked your color...

Is that wrong?

Sold a few Miata parts. Having space in the garage feels nice. Still winter beater shopping. Haven’t driven anything yet but just missed out on a perfect fozzy. Damn!

·
1000% Jake
4,697 Posts
Rearranged some things in the garage and made a new and hopefully final post to sell the rest of my Miata things. Several years in the game means a lot of crap accumulated. Also moved my new wheels into the shed. More space is more gooder. Must keep selling.
Are you posting on Facebook? I need to sell a bunch of parts.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,835 Posts
The curve is subjective, sort of. What I found is that the curve also has a specific lie that goes with it. Your goal should be to have the bottom of your stick flat on the ice. If you are always on the heel or toe then you are making it much harder on yourself to catch a good pass or have maximum puck control. The way you can tell what you have when you're actually playing is pay attention to the tape wear pattern.

This page has a decent explanation of the concept. Lie – The Stick Guru

Once you figure out what lie you need, you can then match that to the available curves with that lie. Then you can read the curve charts for their suggested uses and shot types and narrow it in even more. In my experience the lie is something you pretty much have to have correct. Once you know the lie then the curve is totally subjective.

Flex is another thing that's fairly subjective. I use a 75 flex stick and really like it. I can get some good whip on my wrist shots. Phil Kessel was known for using a 65 flex which was a big part of what made his wristers what they were. But, I know guys on my team that insist they need a 105 flex. The good thing is that once you know your curve/lie you can pretty much get it with any flex you want.
Thank you for the advice! I'll have to check it out. Rocking a pair of Pro Stock CCM Super Tacks 2.0.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,835 Posts
Taking The Tick down to KY to visit a couple distilleries for a road trip this week :)

8821 - 8840 of 8979 Posts