ClubRoadster.net banner

10001 - 10020 of 10198 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
33,005 Posts
Fitting that I'm thinking of dropping cable--my box seems to be on the fritz.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
9,327 Posts
Purely a fun car? Manual.

Purely a daily? Auto.

Dual duty? Probably going auto. They have gotten really good and I love the rev matching downshifts. Plus odds are that I’d be appreciating the convenience of not shifting more than I’d be doing any sort of performance driving.

I need a few nice days to enjoy the mustang. I also need to put in work.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,165 Posts
It’s been awhile since I’ve owned a manual... first time back out is gonna be interesting, whenever that is lol

·
Mufasa in Training
33,005 Posts
The Miata is my only manual. It will continue to be so. For one, my wife can't drive stick and I have absolutely ZERO desire to teach her. Unless we suddenly joined The Amazing Race, there's no real reason for her to learn other than "I think she really should". For two: I just don't feel like messing with it, especially in a car that really isn't meant to be driven hard. Hop in, put it in Drive, and go.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
9,327 Posts
I regret not pushing Kristen to drive the Miata. Small car. No power. Super easy clutch and transmission. She claims she knows the concept but hasn’t executed in more than a decade. Can’t wait for her to wad up the mustang while trying.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,624 Posts
On a whim someone asked how many of us in the Manual Elitist Jerks group have adult ADHD or Asperger's. Answer: a vast majority. I guess we just need something to screw around with while we're driving. Personally my E46 is ideal daily driver. Handles well, makes a nice noise, adequately quick, practical, and a wigglestick.

My LS400 was a fine car but it bored me to tears.

·
Murse Magnet
7,736 Posts
Julie, my gf, liked my Miata so much she wanted her own and she refused to own an automatic car since she always wanted to learn and drive manual.

I still think she is silly but I suppose she has her parents cars she uses and has her car if she wanted to have fun driving. If I could only have one car it sure wouldn’t be a Miata.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I'd get something faster, that handled better but could still carry people and things. 06 4runner comes to mind

·
(⌐■_■)
2,310 Posts
I'm with Jake on team manual daily driver, except I don't have add/adhd. I am, however, no longer daily driving...

·
Mufasa in Training
33,005 Posts
Julie, my gf, liked my Miata so much she wanted her own and she refused to own an automatic car since she always wanted to learn and drive manual.

I still think she is silly but I suppose she has her parents cars she uses and has her car if she wanted to have fun driving. If I could only have one car it sure wouldn’t be a Miata.
She's a keeper, from what I've seen.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,165 Posts
Just to hold down the garage?

It’s beautiful here today but instead of being outside and doing things I took a nap. Maybe I’ll go drive the mustang tho.
Driving range.

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
I was planning on golfing today but the weather turned out to be crappier than forecasted. I also helped my buddy move last night. We were supposed to only have to take the "big stuff" but he had literally almost nothing prepared. I didn't get home until like 2 AM. Since the weather was a bust anyway I just stayed in bed till noon.

10001 - 10020 of 10198 Posts