ClubRoadster.net banner

11281 - 11300 of 11425 Posts

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,372 Posts
Denver is cold. It’s also one of the sunniest cities in America with 300 days per year. I’ll adapt.
I’m seeing 70% (rounding up) average % of daily possible sunshine, which puts it at 255 days / year with some sun.

There are 19 cities that get more..........

·
10,372 Posts
Denver just got rid of their pit bull breed ban. I'm seriously thinking about it. It's colder than here though, isn't it?

I feel like this is so much better than England, but it's still just too cold and rainy. I need sun year round, somehow, as well as cheap and accessible snowboarding. I wish California had fewer downsides. Hawaii might actually be perfect, I'm just as happy windsurfing.
What are California’s “down sides,” that don’t also exist in Hawaii?

EDIT: Crazy that were even talking about California as a single, homogenous place.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
What are California’s “down sides,” that don’t also exist in Hawaii?

EDIT: Crazy that were even talking about California as a single, homogenous place.
California is too many dollars. The whole thing. Otherwise there's some pretty amazing stuff there.

·
1000% Jake
4,782 Posts
California is too many dollars. The whole thing. Otherwise there's some pretty amazing stuff there.
I couldn't have my race car there. Or at least not register it on the road, which makes it very expensive to even go to autocross, for example. I'm not excited about cost of living, it's bad here but no state income tax really does help.

I would have to increase my income. But otherwise I do really like the state. I wish I was super wealthy and it would be a no brainer. So many cool people and it's really pretty.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
9,579 Posts
I’m seeing 70% (rounding up) average % of daily possible sunshine, which puts it at 255 days / year with some sun.

There are 19 cities that get more..........
I think a man of your intelligence would be well aware that are a multitude of ways to spin, read, and report metrics and statistics. Also it’s Denver’s PR putting that 300 number out there.

Most of the cities for most sunshine are, of course, in the southwest. Some just in the south. Most I have no desire to live in.

But real question... do you cup Arizona’s balls when you go down? I assume not since it seems you’re typing with 2 hands.

·
9,579 Posts
Eye doctor says he wants to dial my prescription back in both eyes so that’s neat. Also said yolo and bought new glasses. It’s been several years. I was due. Eye doctors are expensive.

·
10,372 Posts
Eye doctor says he wants to dial my prescription back in both eyes so that’s neat. Also said yolo and bought new glasses. It’s been several years. I was due. Eye doctors are expensive.
I’m sure you used your pile of HSA dollars, anyway.

·
9,579 Posts
I’m sure you used your pile of HSA dollars, anyway.
Well duh. I’ve got like $4k left. I’m sure the dentist will take more in a couple days.

I’ve decided to broaden my job search. Instead of sticking with exactly what I know gonna yolo some jobs I’m only like 75% qualified for.

·
10,372 Posts
dang, that IS a pile of HSA dollars. i currently have less than half of that and thought i was overfunded

·
Administrator
15,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,296
Well you gotta have millions in there to cover emergency health services i hear.

·
10,372 Posts
Well you gotta have millions in there to cover emergency health services i hear.
lol, the irony of trying to prove your point, but you proved mine instead.

yes, some diseases do cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to treat, particularly as you get older (you know, like retired folks are).

look back to our conversation about maxing HSA contributions from a couple days ago.

EDIT: to add, HSA alone isn’t going to 100% fund your lifetime medical costs, since annual HSA contributions are limited to less than $3600/year for an individual (in 2021). this will obviously increase each year, but you’re still talking <$150,000 in 2021 dollars if you maxed the contribution each year of your 40 year career. that’s less than the average total cost of cancer treatment today, so obviously you need other income / savings to cover... unless you prefer to just not get treated.

·
1000% Jake
4,782 Posts
How's everyone doing today?
Struggling. I hate the weather. I hate not being able to get a drink at an actual bar that's indoors. I have to do nothing but interview all week, and I know it's going to be really hard. Tech interviews are exhausting. I haven't seen the sun for days but it feels like years. I want to go snowboarding but I'm worried that it's not safe.

On the upside, registered as a volunteer instructor for the Porsche CCA car control clinic we have every year in January. I have to show up and work for the event, and then I get unlimited runs on the course all afternoon. I'm stoked, we're going to have all sorts of features including a wet skidpad and figure 8.

11281 - 11300 of 11425 Posts