ClubRoadster.net banner

11301 - 11320 of 11425 Posts

·
Administrator
15,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,301
lol, the irony of trying to prove your point, but you proved mine instead.

yes, some diseases do cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to treat, particularly as you get older (you know, like retired folks are).

look back to our conversation about maxing HSA contributions from a couple days ago.

EDIT: to add, HSA alone isn’t going to 100% fund your lifetime medical costs, since annual HSA contributions are limited to less than $3600/year for an individual (in 2021). this will obviously increase each year, but you’re still talking <$150,000 in 2021 dollars if you maxed the contribution each year of your 40 year career. that’s less than the average total cost of cancer treatment today, so obviously you need other income / savings to cover... unless you prefer to just not get treated.
My point was literally nothing more than "hahaha look at this fart joke i mean lame humorous tie-back to a prior conversation." I think i did prove my point. :p I'm not actually here for an in-depth discussion regarding HSAs on a Miata forum in front of a room that isn't interested in having said discussion.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,372 Posts
My point was literally nothing more than "hahaha look at this fart joke i mean lame humorous tie-back to a prior conversation." I think i did prove my point. :p I'm not actually here for an in-depth discussion regarding HSAs on a Miata forum in front of a room that isn't interested in having said discussion.
You’re right - Cherokee talk is definitely the better option.

·
Administrator
15,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,303
110% agree. XJ > HSA

·
Resident BMW Apologist
3,024 Posts
Cap if you ever wanted to swap your FD for one with the steering wheel on the wrong side here's your chance. That lead shot was definitely taken in Wynwood somewhere

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Cap if you ever wanted to swap your FD for one with the steering wheel on the wrong side here's your chance. That lead shot was definitely taken in Wynwood somewhere
I specifically excluded rhd from my search. Also red. Hahaha. It does look an awful lot like wynwood though. What a nightmare that place is. I'm too old for that.

·
10,372 Posts
Speaking of steering wheels, I might have to follow in Jakes footsteps and buy some leather to cover the wheel in my 4Runner. 3 years old and the top layer of pleather is rubbing off.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
My LC wheel is thrashed. I've been trying to decide what to do about it.

I barely drive it though so it hasn't been much of a priority.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
9,579 Posts
My 4Runner wheel is also garbage. Leather is gone at the 9:30 position. I picked up a base rubber factory one from a local scrapper. Plan to recover it with leather and swap at some point. But... I’d rather work on nothing.

Just blasted a few more resumes out. I’m not used to this kind of rejection. Maybe I’m at that point where I start writing cover letters.

·
10,372 Posts
Rejection is just part of it. I hate applying to jobs for exactly that reason.

·
Resident BMW Apologist
3,024 Posts
Add my benz to the list of gross steering wheels. Already bought a good condition replacement from a part out but it's a different color than stock so I'm having second thoughts on actually installing it. Sew-on leather wrap is probably the way to go but that's like 10x as much labor as just swapping the wheel. Am lazy.

·
Administrator
15,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,311
+1 to leather wrapping my Land Cruiser wheel. My only issue from there is that i get bugged if the wheel is leather but the shifter isn't, so that's another rabbit hole and i don't know if i want to invest $400 in leather wrapping stuff in the truck.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,189 Posts
I actually do not have a random thought to share at the moment.

·
9,579 Posts
Adorable pupper.
Word. I do love that adorable old man face dog.

My dog is a brat. He does fine with separation when left at home in his room but he just wrecked my wife’s office at work, lol. Knocked stuff down including a glass of water and peed on the cat kennels. I’m guessing the wife has a beer when she gets home, lol.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I head up to bed, hit the restroom on the way. Hear my one dog chewing on his Kong. That's great, have fun. Gets quiet for a half a second, hear different chewing, come into the bedroom and he's destroying a guitar pick.

Unreal.

Dogs are wild. I wish I could peek into that brain and see how it works.

·
9,579 Posts
I’d like to understand their unbridled excitement at times. Like Hef’s zoomies that are only resolved by sprinting around the house or chewing the shite out of something. I wanna be that happy.

11301 - 11320 of 11425 Posts