ClubRoadster.net banner
12241 - 12260 of 14787 Posts

·
(⌐■_■)
2,407 Posts
Took over 200 photos between my son's game and the other game going on at the same time this morning. Still sorting through pics. My boy backstopped his team to a 5-5 tie.

A couple moments I was glad I was able to snap:
]
Dude, get your son a clear plastic neck guard (the one that hangs from the helmet) if he's going to be in net with a player helmet. Also get him a goalie style neck guard that wraps around his neck - I'm honestly surprised neck guards aren't a requirement for all players your kid's league

·
Mufasa in Training
33,822 Posts
Dude, get your son a clear plastic neck guard (the one that hangs from the helmet) if he's going to be in net with a player helmet. Also get him a goalie style neck guard that wraps around his neck - I'm honestly surprised neck guards aren't a requirement for all players your kid's league
I'm honestly surprised it's not. They don't have dedicated goalies in this level, so I'm guessing that's why it's not.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,093 Posts
Having taken street hockey and tennis balls to every part of my being I can’t imagine how much more force and pain is in an ice hockey puck. Shocked to see skin showing for sure. Could probably easily have a shareable throat protector.

Is he the tallest one out there? Looks like it in some pics but can’t really tell. Does he prefer to be in goal? Is anyone else challenging him for time? Seems most kids love it or hate it.

Dog trainer is coming again this afternoon. Let’s hope Hef doesn’t try to eat his face... again.

·
(⌐■_■)
2,407 Posts
I'm honestly surprised it's not. They don't have dedicated goalies in this level, so I'm guessing that's why it's not.
not just goalies, but every player - look up clint malarchuk and richard zednik and then go buy your kid one of these at a minimum, they're like $15.

There are goalie specific versions of the above that have extra padding and are bibbed to help over the gaps from a chest protector. I'm also talking about a clear 'dangler' that will stop pucks from hitting the throat. Most pros now a days don't wear them because a goalie mask inherently has throat protection due to the long chin, but they also have years of proper technique (and play at a level where risk/reward isn't the same as a normal person). The former will stop skates from slicing the throat

·
Mufasa in Training
33,822 Posts
Is he the tallest one out there? Looks like it in some pics but can’t really tell. Does he prefer to be in goal? Is anyone else challenging him for time? Seems most kids love it or hate it.
He was the tallest in Mites last year and he's tallest this year in Squirts despite being one of the youngest (his 2012 birth year means he could actually have stayed in Mites for another year). He's not the biggest kid, though. With the exception of him, most of his team is pretty small--most of them barely reach his shoulders.

He's wanted to play in goal ever since he laced up skates. Aside from the prospect of one day having his own personalized gear, I can't for the life of me understand why he'd want the pressure.

On the House teams, they rotate through everyone having to play goalie at least once, then they take volunteers for any remaining games. This was his second and last game in goal this season.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,822 Posts
not just goalies, but every player - look up clint malarchuk and richard zednik
I know exactly who you're talking about.
Honestly surprised they're not a requirement (I know they are in Canadian leagues, judging from the reactions I've gotten just like yours from our northern neighbors). Can't think of a single kid in the boy's league that wears one (I'm sure there is...I just can't think of anyone off the top of my head).

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,911 Posts
Mondays are awful, but my dogs sleeping under my desk with their heads on my feet isn't.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Mondays confirmed awful for the 50th Monday in a row (at least).

Just got the insurance policy for the rx7 so I can register that after work. Pretty stoked on that. Bummed I didn't get it Friday but it is what it is. Can't wait to crash it later so I can collect the agreed value.

·
10,911 Posts
Enjoy that while you can. We had to have our Lab put down yesterday. Second dog in less than a year, my wife is devastated.
I intend to, and sorry to hear that. I’ll need therapy when these 2 go... hopefully not for some time.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,822 Posts
Enjoy that while you can. We had to have our Lab put down yesterday. Second dog in less than a year, my wife is devastated. Three of our remaining pets are all older so it's just a matter of time.
Oh man...I'm sorry about that! Give her a hug for me :)

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,093 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Chief. A feeling I wish I didn't know all too well. <3

For the Mustang... I really want a wide cowl hood and I'm not buying the atrocity I posted previously. Definitely not worth the drive, body and paint work, etc. for something that meh. This is what I want:

I don't have the Cobra bumper but think it would work with the GT. This car also makes me want to do a black top but I think my red is too bright for that.

·
10,911 Posts
Drive it off a cliff, collect insurance $$$, forget about mustangs.

12241 - 12260 of 14787 Posts