ClubRoadster.net banner

12301 - 12320 of 13620 Posts

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
9,904 Posts
TIL: what crowdcow is. Was a little nervous searching it to be honest. Good luck Henry.

I found out a couple Miata bros and/or spouses work in my industry. Did some networking and got my resume in some hands. Hoping for the best.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,610 Posts
Hay sexy 😉
lol...Thanks.

Today's been a crazy day. Work's been a mix of boredom and long hours. To add to that, I found out a few days ago that my dad's got prostate cancer. I'm still trying to come to grips with it. His doctor apparently decided to forego treatment for now and monitor it. Surprisingly, this is a thing. This whole thing brought up the fact that my parents, both now in their mid-70's are nowhere near either my brothers or me, and we need to start thinking about their long-term care plans (aka something I really, really do not want to think about).

As if that wasn't enough fun, I finally had to send a terse but polite email to the director of my son's hockey program because one of the coaches' son has moved from becoming a bully to straight up dangerous. I could list any number of problems with the kid, but his latest "for fun" habit is sliding at people feet first. He nearly slashed my son's throat open tonight--and no, I'm not exaggerating. He's been a punk all season, eventually graduating to asshole, finally to full on shitstain. He bullies my son and is only slightly less terrible to the rest of his teammates. He picks fights every game and generally wastes his own talents by being a 100% rat. Think Brad Marchand, but 8 years old. Kid is seriously going to hurt someone sooner than later.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
9,904 Posts
Bryan my dad went through prostate cancer. Removed a chunk of his colon. Year with a colostomy bag. All that. Hard to fathom when I’d always seen his old fat ass as invincible even after 2 heart attacks. I understand your concern. That’s also part of why we’re moving closer to home. They’re not getting any younger and my wife says we need to offer care and support for them. I’d rather dump it on our sisters and write some checks but I’m a terrible person. Overall... I feel your pain.

Good luck with the dangerous kid. Sports are supposed to be good fun and proper life lessons but sometimes there’s a kid just ruining it.

I’m properly over today. Just done with it. I don’t wanna go to bed but just veg for a minute. Mildly concerned about new Invisalign trays and the pain that comes with them.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,610 Posts
Bryan my dad went through prostate cancer. Removed a chunk of his colon. Year with a colostomy bag. All that. Hard to fathom when I’d always seen his old fat ass as invincible even after 2 heart attacks. I understand your concern. That’s also part of why we’re moving closer to home. They’re not getting any younger and my wife says we need to offer care and support for them. I’d rather dump it on our sisters and write some checks but I’m a terrible person. Overall... I feel your pain.
Mine survived two heart attacks before I graduated from high school. In fact, I got to drive my mother to the hospital after watching my dad get carted out on a stretcher the first week of Junior year. He's since survived Type 2 diabetes, another heart attack a couple years ago, and several other issues I'm failing to remember. My mom's memory has also been in increasing decline the last few years.

Basically, I'm trying not to lose my mind freaking out. And that's in addition to all the other anxiety issues I've already got.

As for the kid, we'll see. Thankfully, there's only three more weeks in the season. That said, that little son of a bitch was two-hand chopping my son's brand-new stick. After literally one practice, it looks like it's been in use for a whole season. If I see him touch my son, I'm afraid I'm going to have to be banned from the building because I'm going to either throat punch the kid or kick his good-for-nothing (apparently) father in the balls because he needs to not breed again.

Sorry, between a bit of bourbon and life generally not being great, my patience and my vocabulary have reached similarly rough edges.

Oh, and I turn 40 (now) tomorrow. Well aware that my wife managed to celebrate my surprise 30th birthday party (which she'd planned) well in the knowledge that she'd essentially suffered a miscarriage which we'd found out about barely two weeks earlier and right before my parents came to town.

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
Bryan, that sucks a lot. Best of luck on all of the family stuff. I'm only 2 hours from home and don't know how that will play in when my parents get older, I can't imagine the stress of being a lot further away than that. I'm hopefully several years away from those same worries, but based on your timeline I think I'm closer to it than I realized.

That's also shitty that your son has to deal with a dipshit kid like that. One a-hole can really suck the fun out of an activity no matter how passionate you are about it. Hopefully it gets resolved because I'd have to see your son potentially give up hockey because of a bully. The fact you're aware it's happening though and attempting to do something about it will at least make him realize someone is on his side.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,610 Posts
Bryan, that sucks a lot. Best of luck on all of the family stuff. I'm only 2 hours from home and don't know how that will play in when my parents get older, I can't imagine the stress of being a lot further away than that. I'm hopefully several years away from those same worries, but based on your timeline I think I'm closer to it than I realized.
With both my parents, I guess I could say I've been seeing this coming for a while now. Doesn't make the conversation any more easy to have.
That's also shitty that your son has to deal with a dipshit kid like that. One a-hole can really suck the fun out of an activity no matter how passionate you are about it. Hopefully it gets resolved because I'd have to see your son potentially give up hockey because of a bully. The fact you're aware it's happening though and attempting to do something about it will at least make him realize someone is on his side.
I'm still furious about it. I had to make myself wait till I got home from practice and have my wife read the note before I sent it because it was about to be filled with a lot of cursing and other things I'd probably regret.

The worst thing about it is that I don't want my son to drop something that we both have come to love as a thing we have in common because of some...I'm really starting to run out of loathsome enough words for how I feel about that other kid.

·
1000% Jake
4,930 Posts
TIL: what crowdcow is. Was a little nervous searching it to be honest. Good luck Henry.
Thanks man! Looks like they are going to offer and I'm going to spend the next year basically writing Tinder for beefsteaks. Fingers crossed I can pull it off.

Bryan, sending you happy thoughts. Having a parent go downhill health wise is really scary. I'm lucky my parents are so strict about their diet and exercise, but they can't conquer time.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,610 Posts
Pull a Byfuglien and throw that kid's clothes in the shower lol
A positive note: the assistant director of the program (who I'm thankfully on a first-name basis with) called me a few minutes ago. Apparently, the rink has several cameras running at all times, and it is very likely the incident I told them about was actually captured. I told them where on the rink and roughly when it happened.

I had to appreciate the phone call and follow-up investigation, at least.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,706 Posts
I’d never heard of crowdcow but might have an order in soon. That beef looks gooood.

·
10,706 Posts
My GOD is this attractive. Volk 21C. Makes me almost wish that I still had the BRZ.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,610 Posts
Those would look amazing on the BRZ. I'll always have a soft-spot for the basic 5-spoke wheel. So simple, but so gorgeous.

·
10,706 Posts
Would look nice on a Z3 too...

Too bad this years bonus is / was underwhelming due to covid.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
The entire year has been underwhelming. Unless you're talking about anxiety or depression.

I need dat vaccine. I want to go out in public again.

·
Murse Magnet
7,822 Posts
I’m on day 2 on recovery from surgery. I’ve been out of it. But hopefully recovery goes by faster than it seems and I’m back to fighting shape.

12301 - 12320 of 13620 Posts