ClubRoadster.net banner

12361 - 12380 of 13436 Posts

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
9,878 Posts
As much as I crave attention and love controversy, arguing on Facebook is never the right answer. Especially about politics or minimum wage or anything like that. I prefer to exist in my ignorantly blissful life.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,572 Posts
Happy Birthday Bryan.
Hbd Bryan!
Thanks, guys! It was a busy day! First time I've been on the forum all day today, and I'm just getting ready to head off to bed.

Wife managed to get a bunch of my friends from pretty much every circle I'm in to do a birthday tribute video. Basically picture this, but 30min long. I lost it.

Speaking of hockey, the little dude scored the first goal in his team's game today. They won 22-5 and will be playing for the championship next week :D

·
1000% Jake
4,919 Posts
Very nice, Bryan. Sounds like your expectations were exceeded. Perfect.

Arguments on Facebook are the actual worst. I've started just deleting comments that are made in bad faith, and clearly intended just to start **** with other people in my circle of friends. Get straight out of here with that. There's just a couple of people that are old friends of mine but seem to be children when it comes to Facebook. The only way to win is by not playing.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Yeah I take about two minutes to check Facebook once a week now. It's cancer.

My wife on the other hand lives and dies by social media. I don't get it.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,900 Posts
This past election cycle I've unfriended a dozen people and "unfollowed" another 40.

Currently up in my own head over dumb ****. I aspire to some day own a car that I can bring to cars and coffee without feeling a twinge of guilt because it looks like an utter shitbox. Never in my life have I had a car with good paint. It's so insanely infuriating. I want something shiny that I can wash and ceramic coat and take pictures of and have the presence of a car that's in actual good shape.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I hear there's a good Maaco in Wichita. How actually trashed is the paint on the best one of them and, more importantly, have they gotten a real compound and polish? Sure it'll never be 100%, but I think most people would be shocked at how many cars with "bad paint" can be made into really presentable 5-10 footers with some time and patience.

Fb arguments are terrible, especially when they spill over into the real world. My gfs family is constantly trying to pick fights with her over stupid **** and it's the most exhausting thing.

·
9,878 Posts
I’ve been there jake. It was a stupid and fleeting feeling. Not saying yours is, just that mine was. I don’t care about what anyone thinks... except once in a while I care what everyone thinks. As an older guy in a pretty affluent area, it’s fun to roll up in your 90’s shitbox.

Headed to the golf simulator in a few. Probably gonna play St. Andrews. One day I hope to really do the thing.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,572 Posts
Very nice, Bryan. Sounds like your expectations were exceeded. Perfect.
The tribute video in particular was far more than I could have ever asked for.
Headed to the golf simulator in a few. Probably gonna play St. Andrews.
I know it's really not, but this sounds so bougie it hurts :ROFLMAO:

I've said it before: if you guys ever do happen to find your way to Cincinnati:

1.) YOU BETTER FREAKING TELL ME.
2.) If you have time for dinner and feel like Italian from a local family-owned joint, this place will not disappoint.
3.) I need an excuse to go back to this bar. Craft beer + bourbon joint.
4.) If you're into bourbon, I REALLY need an excuse to go to this bar. Bourbon bar.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,900 Posts
The Buick got new front wheel hubs, rotors, brake pads, sway bar end links (old ones were completely broken), an oil change, and I discovered it was hemmhoraging ATF because... the trans pan bolts were all finger tight. Spec is 10 ft lb. What the hell?

Feels like a totally different car now. Fantastic. Also cleaned up a bunch of brush in the back yard, took care of a burn barrel, and something else I'll mention below.

I hear there's a good Maaco in Wichita. How actually trashed is the paint on the best one of them and, more importantly, have they gotten a real compound and polish? Sure it'll never be 100%, but I think most people would be shocked at how many cars with "bad paint" can be made into really presentable 5-10 footers with some time and patience.
Insight has a red door and faded clear coat everywhere.

Miata hood, trunck, and all of the power hardtop panels need re-painted.

BMW has faded clear coat on the hood and roof that polishing won't bring back, a horrible re-spray on the rear quarters, and lots of very deep scratches all down the sides.

Buick needs the least, probably. The rear bumper has a scrape and it has the usual miniscule dings all over it that don't really bother me. The biggest issue with it is someone jacked it up improperly and smashed the pinch welds just forward of the front doors which bowed out the fenders. I think I can fix that with a slide hammer/vice grip arrangement.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,900 Posts
All of that said, the only one of my cars I truly enjoy looking at is the E46. NCs are, being honest, a bit homely at best, as is the Insight (though it is super cool in a dated futurism sort of way). The Buick is neat and quirky but it's not gonna end up in the Lourve. I still think the E46 and the contemporary E39 and E38 are the most gorgeous sedans ever penned and a true high point for BMW. I may be a bit of a fanboy. I also may have played far too much Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

·
9,878 Posts
Jake... stop buying a dozen shitboxes. Buy one decent car. It’s a simple equation. Not a fun one but an easy one.

I think I want to get into sneakers a bit. Not something rare or weird just like have a lot of options. Air Max 90 is easy button. Lots of Jordan options but too obnoxious. Slim shoes like chucks or vans or jenoskis don’t fit. Hmmm...

·
Resident BMW Apologist
3,108 Posts
I think I want to get into sneakers a bit. Not something rare or weird just like have a lot of options. Air Max 90 is easy button. Lots of Jordan options but too obnoxious. Slim shoes like chucks or vans or jenoskis don’t fit. Hmmm...
Dunks would be a good choice but they've skyrocketed in value over the past ~2 years. AM90s are cool. Look at AM1s too.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,572 Posts
I will likely never get around to it, but I'd love to find some of the late 90's running shoes that I started in. The designs and technologies are nearly laughable by comparison to now, but nostalgia is a cruel mistress.

·
Administrator
15,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,378 ·
Happy late burfday Bryan! Sounds like you had a pretty decent day. :)

·
Administrator
15,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,380 ·
Any particular reason for those vs the GarageStar units?

12361 - 12380 of 13436 Posts