ClubRoadster.net banner

13101 - 13120 of 13350 Posts

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,250 Posts
Traveling on Easter and missing family festivites, what fun! I was rewarded upon my arrival with not the compact rental I had ordered, but a Jeep Gladiator. As a road vehicle it is a steaming pile.

·
1000% Jake
4,914 Posts
I think I understand what you're saying, but I think you're generalizing a little.
Well, yes, I am. It's true that in very specific circumstances a video is a good format for conveying information, usually when there's some complex set of steps you have to follow and you need to see someone actually do it to understand.

That said, it's inefficient everywhere else.

I think Jake is right to focus on builds. I might learn something but on the whole I want to be entertained.

·
1000% Jake
4,914 Posts
I <3 you guys. Thank you for being you, and for confirming my bias. There have been times when a video is exceedingly helpful, but for the most part I'm 100% fine reading for myself.
Hahaha, we're just cranky and old? It's about that time that you don't have to spend finding the information you really need. Most of the time you're looking for a very specific bit of information in a long procedure, and being able to find that information in seconds is really important. Then there's the precision of the instructions. I don't want to be watching someone do something and then try and mimic their motions and hope I get it right.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
9,863 Posts
Chief... it’s a jeep thing. You don’t want to understand.

My tire guy told me to drop stuff off this afternoon or evening. I went by at 4:30 thinking that was a good middle ground. He’s not there. Small town livin...

Anyone have any better ideas for a 1 month furnished rental with a dog around Denver? Looking at Airbnb and vrbo but like... they want all my dollars and a few more. Still might do it but damn son!

·
Mufasa in Training
33,557 Posts
Well, yes, I am. It's true that in very specific circumstances a video is a good format for conveying information, usually when there's some complex set of steps you have to follow and you need to see someone actually do it to understand.

That said, it's inefficient everywhere else.
I can agree with that. Cheers :)

Took pictures today at the church Easter Egg hunt and built the kids a basketball hoop today with the help of my father-in-law. Got to see my best friend and his wife on Friday. Our kids (now, all four of them) have the weirdest chemistry. They seem to act as if they've always grown up together, when the truth is that they have never actually lived in the same city. My buddy and I share a love of bourbon (he grew up in Louisville, KY, so he's way further down the rabbit hole than I am), and I now have a bottle of this stuff to try out. Super tired but super pumped.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,557 Posts
The point of the spacer is to adjust the wheel to proper driving position. How could that be “too close?”
In the Miata, I was just concerned that proper driving position and proper airbag deployment position for a driver of my size might be mutually exclusive.

Unfortunately, the spacers are out of stock at the moment anyway :(

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,675 Posts
^ you know it.

In the Miata, I was just concerned that proper driving position and proper airbag deployment position for a driver of my size might be mutually exclusive.

Unfortunately, the spacers are out of stock at the moment anyway :(
You worry about stuff that I never in a million years would have considered, and I’m pretty neurotic.

Anyway, I googled it... need to maintain at least 10” between the airbag and center of your chest. For somebody as tall as you are, that should be easy to achieve if you’re adjusting seating position appropriately. I imagine this would be an issue for much shorter people, who would be reaching a bit too much at that distance.

·
Resident BMW Apologist
3,103 Posts
Miami boyz, I will be gracing your city with my (fully vaccinated) presence in May. Prepare for beers.

·
Murse Magnet
7,818 Posts
Miami boyz, I will be gracing your city with my (fully vaccinated) presence in May. Prepare for beers.
Let's do it

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,675 Posts
Same, my first dose is tomorrow with a follow up at the end of the month. Thrilled to finally be scheduled, and take a baby step toward “normal.”

·
Mufasa in Training
33,557 Posts
You worry about stuff that I never in a million years would have considered, and I’m pretty neurotic.
You know it.

Anyway, I googled it... need to maintain at least 10” between the airbag and center of your chest. For somebody as tall as you are, that should be easy to achieve if you’re adjusting seating position appropriately. I imagine this would be an issue
Good point. I did some searching and found what I think is the original maker for the spacer. It'd have to ship from Europe, though.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Ayy, both Andy and I will be fully 5g enabled at that point as well. Definitely let us know.

Gonna shoot you a dm with my number

13101 - 13120 of 13350 Posts