ClubRoadster.net banner

1341 - 1361 of 1750 Posts

·
100% Jakedashian
6,718 Posts
Random thought: The Duratec V6 is one of my favorite engine families of all time. Engineered by Porsche in the 90s, then sold to Cosworth, used in the Contour SVT as a 2.5 liter, then in the Mazda6, Lincoln LS, Jaguar S-type as a 3.0 liter, embiggened and made slightly worse (less reliable, sounds worse) in the late 00s to a 3.5 liter and renamed "Cyclone/Duratec", now it has twin turbos on it and you can find it in F150s and Ford GTs. The 2.5 and 3.0 versions have very melodic engine notes and I'd absolutely love to have one in an NA Miata.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
7,946 Posts
Saw a creamsicle orange ZR2 Blazer with tribal tattoo graphics on the way to work today. I was shocked when I didn't see JR in it.
Somehow I missed this. Probably while I was bitching about the new layout. VB > *

I wish that was me. I need a rig like that for some sweet jumps. Could LS swap it and have my v8 noises too...

·
Mufasa in Training
31,678 Posts
In all my freaking out about not driving the Miata next year, it hadn't occurred to me that I live BARELY 5min from my kids' school, and my house is technically on my way to work. In other words, I could drive both kids to school, then come home, pick up the Miata, and be on my way. It'd be the difference between the car getting driven 5 days/wk and hardly at all.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,678 Posts
Isn't little man almost old enough to stay home for a few minutes by himself? Take the girl, come get the boy, go to work? Put Miata into full service.
School's close enough (and they both go to the same one next year) that it's a non issue.
What about buying a new house a half block from the school?
Nah. I'm close enough.

·
Murse Magnet
7,220 Posts
But think about all that excessive wear the kid mover will get by not getting up to temperature and burning off all of the water that condenses into the oil.

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,028 Posts
In Louisville for our Valentine's Day away. Were going to stay in a hotel the wife knew about but $$. Ended up in a beautiful B&B. Having dinner in a few hours, then back to the Jacuzzi tub.

You all know Bryan won't be driving The Tick because it will take him another year to replace the throwout bearing (and yes, you should do the pilot at the same time).

·
(⌐■_■)
2,128 Posts
ANYWAY, we did submit another higher offer which was also rejected, so we had our realtor inquire about exactly what the issue was. They didn't want to contribute any cash at close, so we removed it from our offer and made another one via email which they countered and we accepted, again via email. We submitted an actual offer yesterday from a walmart parking lot around 4pm, so I expected to hopefully have it signed by noon. Then we'll have an inspection and go from there. We ended up about 5k over where we wanted to actually be but I figure that's almost the cost of going down two more times to look again with no guarantee we find anything we like as much at the same or less money.
did you get it?

Well............. offer letter signed. We'll see if I'm working from anywhere....
congrats dude

1341 - 1361 of 1750 Posts