ClubRoadster.net banner

13601 - 13620 of 13735 Posts

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
She squattin.

Mine looked similar on my way down from NY last month. Now my ac doesn't work. So that's cool.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
9,919 Posts
Temperature was nice most of the way and only used AC for probably 3-4 hours of a 21 hour drive. I didn’t research the ECT (Electronically Controlled Transmission) button until over halfway through and it made a difference. Do you have that? It basically rings out the gears and makes kick downs sooner. Definitely needed for a loaded rig on mountain passes.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Nah I'd rather it just slow down and pick back up going down the next hill than deal with downshifting and having it refuse to up shift again. That's actually one of my least favorite things about automatic transmissions so I usually will kick off the cruise on a big hill

·
Mufasa in Training
33,629 Posts
...based on trying to control costs in solo...
I always find those efforts to be a complete joke because for every weekender who is happy to be there, there's at least one guy (or more) who is spending like a drunken sailor even if they do keep the build within the rules. Seems like unless you're willing to actually track costs as a ruling body, "trying to keep costs down" ends up being a joke that leaves people like you frustrated for the reasons you gave.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,731 Posts
It’s pretty well known that more money = better in racing at all levels.

·
9,919 Posts
having it refuse to up shift again.
This makes me insane. I usually just hit the gas to run a couple mph past where the cruise is set so it shifts back up. I was spinning just under 3k most of the trip but those downshifts put me at like 4k. She still runs smooth holding those rippums... just don’t like holding it up there too much.

·
1000% Jake
4,938 Posts
I always find those efforts to be a complete joke because for every weekender who is happy to be there, there's at least one guy (or more) who is spending like a drunken sailor even if they do keep the build within the rules. Seems like unless you're willing to actually track costs as a ruling body, "trying to keep costs down" ends up being a joke that leaves people like you frustrated for the reasons you gave.
Exactly this. There are plenty of people in the Seattle region who have the resources to show up with a toy trailer towed behind an RV with multiple cars and new slicks or the latest hot street tire multiple times in a season. I'm competing against cars that are brand new and packed with driver assists.

Aero is something I can actually do on a budget. Actually, moving to an unlimited class means I don't have to spend more money on go-fast parts, I can just use engineering or "illegal" configurations to maximize what I am working with.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,921 Posts
Got Pfizer 2: Electric Boogaloo this past Saturday and boy howdy that second one is a doozie. Ended up with a 101 degree fever yesterday, a world ending headache, and my back was on fire (but that's likely because of the yardwork I did Saturday morning).

Also, RIP you glorious bastard, after 21 years and 190k miles the NiCD hybrid battery pack in the Insight has finally gotten to the point where a grid charger can't limp it along. Fortunately it's stupid easy to fix/rebuild these for next to no money, so it'll be back and hybrid-ing in no time. Honda sure can build a car.

·
Administrator
15,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13,609 ·
Thanks chief. I think it's a good idea to go over all those pieces. I ordered all the boots but I didn't know there were all those wear items.
Can confirm these are all wear items. They are in 5 speeds as well. :)

·
9,919 Posts
I actually like the mesh more than the 4 spoke. I tried to find a set of Enkei 92 for my red NA but never did.

Shot one is in the books. And by the books I mean me. #teampfizer

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Gang.

Took my mbp to apple to get the stupid butterfly keyboard fixed. The dude wanted to try to fix it in store and I told him not to bother, just send it in, so now I have a brand new battery, full keyboard, etc. My speaker even stopped rattling. A+ experience would do again. Cost me 0 dollars.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,629 Posts
I actually like the mesh more than the 4 spoke. I tried to find a set of Enkei 92 for my red NA but never did.
+1

Meshies were on my shortlist when the rebuild started. There are even more awesome 15x8 or more choices than there were back then!

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,731 Posts
I had 92s for awhile and wasn’t in love with them. They made the miata feel visually heavy in person, but that’s just me.

Regardless, happy to see reproduction retro designs in Miata sizes.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,629 Posts
They weren't really a good compliment for the NB2, IMHO, so I passed on them. Besides the 92's and of course the RPF1, the J-Speed had my eye as well, but I wasn't in love with the color choices.

·
9,919 Posts
I still prefer the right shade of gold or bronze on a red NA but that doesn’t look bad. I don’t think they work on an NB except maybe a naked (no Tupperware) slammed version.

My arms a little sore and I’m a little tired but most systems are a go. Still waiting to see sound but maybe that takes a few days.

13601 - 13620 of 13735 Posts