ClubRoadster.net banner

1361 - 1380 of 1451 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
31,615 Posts
You all know Bryan won't be driving The Tick because it will take him another year to replace the throwout bearing (and yes, you should do the pilot at the same time).
Nah...gonna have to make my plans to have them replaced once I take the car out of storage.
WE WOULD NEVER!!
Thank goodness my sense of humor is still intact :p
Just in case any of you fools don’t follow... Happy V Day.

Marge gets all the scratchies...

·
Murse Magnet
7,216 Posts
Nah...gonna have to make my plans to have them replaced once I take the car out of storage.

Thank goodness my sense of humor is still intact :p

Marge gets all the scratchies...
I hear if you coax chief with his favorite beer and food he might bring his quick jacks and help you swap your throw out bearing, and while you are at it you can fix the exhaust leak and swap those motor mounts.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,615 Posts
I hear if you coax chief with his favorite beer and food he might bring his quick jacks and help you swap your throw out bearing, and while you are at it you can fix the exhaust leak and swap those motor mounts.
Exhaust leak is already fixed on the Miata (thanks, Chief!). Mounts are next after the bearings. A little torn about doing the clutch at the same time.

·
100% Jakedashian
6,682 Posts
Five seconds with a rag and some carb cleaner and the Miata's idle issue is all solved. Starts a lot easier, too. There was a lip of gunk around where the throttle blade sits. Also got my trunk put back together, so that's nice.

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,014 Posts
Never. I cannot drink beer in any form (appear to be allergic to something common). Wine, on the other hand, is my jam. Wife bought me a new glass for same tonight at our dinner.

·
Murse Magnet
7,216 Posts
FWIW, on Julies miata it is more fun to drive with the lightweight flywheel. I didn't tell her the replacement flywheel was a lightweight one and she was none the wiser from a drivability perspective.

If your clutch is ok, re-use the clutch. But if you are addressing the pilot bearing too, I would replace the flywheel with a lightweight one.

That is the one we used. I liked it. I am convinced it is from the same place that FM gets their flyhwheels.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,615 Posts
Aren't you supposed to do a 1.6 flywheel and clutch on any car?
Honestly, if I had unlimited money, I'd be doing it without a second's hesitation.
Bryan doesn't need light flywheel decel noises to worry about.
:ROFLMAO: This man speaks the truth.
Oh come on...you do realize the NA I drove for nearly 10 years before The Tick had a lightweight FW and 1.6 clutch gear. I know decel noises and aren't bothered by them.
Living with “builder beige” on every. single. wall. for 3 years
If it were up to me, I'd do it for another 10.

1361 - 1380 of 1451 Posts