ClubRoadster.net banner

14281 - 14300 of 14474 Posts

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,048 Posts
Normally I’d be uncomfortable with a new car being 1/3 of my house price but then I look at Midwest things... how would you ruin it first?

·
100% Jakedashian
7,991 Posts
If lowering springs are made for it eventually, probably those. I have no need for that much ground clearance on a trucklet that will never leave the pavement, and my back would appreciate the lower bed height, and the potential impact of springs to void the warranty/cause other **** to fail is pretty minimal. Other than that, totally stock, cuz I'd get the FWD hybrid one and the stock infotainment looks absolutely fantastic (by which I mean is has Android Auto).

All conjecture though. No way am I ready for a $550/mo or whatever car payment.

·
10,048 Posts
$550? No down payment, terribad credit, and 4 year finance? I bet Steve doesn’t even pay $550 on his new swagmobile.

I want to hit balls or play golf but it’s humid. Ew.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Welcome to my life. Just walking the dog is groce.

I have some things to do on the fd but being outside on purpose sounds miserable. I'll drive it again around Thanksgiving.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,855 Posts
$550? No down payment, terribad credit, and 4 year finance? I bet Steve doesn’t even pay $550 on his new swagmobile.

I want to hit balls or play golf but it’s humid. Ew.
lol… nope.

EDIT: but buying a car based on monthly payment alone is a terrible financial decision. don’t do it.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,756 Posts
Had an epiphany in therapy today. I realized that somewhere along the line I began to try to take personal ownership of other people's problems in an effort to emphasize with them. I basically struggle to separate caring for people from all of the problems of feeling like I'm responsible for them.

Next step is figuring how to separate those two ideas.

·
10,855 Posts
I thought five to seven year terms were the latest hotness.
They are, and there’s nothing wrong with that if you can get a decent interest rate and have a sizeable down payment that will keep you from going red on the deal during your term…

…but so many people think “I can afford this!” because the term made the payment lower. Sigh.

·
10,048 Posts
Bryan that’s a good realization. You can care about other peoples problems without owning the burden. I can’t tell you how I do that but I feel like I’m pretty effective at it. A couple of exercises someone shared with me are... visualize problems like tennis balls. You can only carry so many at a time. When you tell someone your problem it’s like handing them a tennis ball. If they carry that soon their hands are full too. So if you’re trying to hold all those balls eventually you’re gonna drop them and make a mess. He also did a visualization about problems being monkeys on your back and the same type of not being able to carry them all.

I have bought cars based on monthly payment but have also learned the lesson not to. And I’ve done a 6 year term. Things happen. Dollars are wasted. You just grow up and make more dollars to waste.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I bought the gsxr on a 6 year term. The monthly payment is incredibly low. The total cost of the loan at the interest rate i have is like... 250 dollars lol.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,756 Posts
Bryan that’s a good realization. You can care about other peoples problems without owning the burden. I can’t tell you how I do that but I feel like I’m pretty effective at it. A couple of exercises someone shared with me are... visualize problems like tennis balls. You can only carry so many at a time. When you tell someone your problem it’s like handing them a tennis ball. If they carry that soon their hands are full too. So if you’re trying to hold all those balls eventually you’re gonna drop them and make a mess. He also did a visualization about problems being monkeys on your back and the same type of not being able to carry them all.
That's a good visualization. Thank you!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Only time I financed a car it was 20 years old with 160k that I bought through my then employer sight unseen and as-is and several states away from a wholesale auction. Sometimes life is just weird.

·
10,048 Posts
How many dollars do you think I can keep spending on hobbies before my wife has an intervention? Not having a mortgage means you spend that money on golf clubs, right?

·
10,855 Posts
That’s up to you, boo. How many times will she rearrange furniture in your new home before you have an intervention? :p

·
Mufasa in Training
33,756 Posts
How many dollars do you think I can keep spending on hobbies before my wife has an intervention? Not having a mortgage means you spend that money on golf clubs, right?
A question I've contemplated many times over the last four years.

14281 - 14300 of 14474 Posts