ClubRoadster.net banner
14721 - 14740 of 14797 Posts

·
1000% Jake
5,020 Posts
So glad Oregon finally lets me pump my own gas. I'm not an infant. What with universal decrim that state is going in the right direction.

·
100% Jakedashian
8,029 Posts
So glad Oregon finally lets me pump my own gas. I'm not an infant. What with universal decrim that state is going in the right direction.
legally smoking pot in the gorgeous redwood forests there sounds like a damn good time tbh. I want to go back.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,824 Posts
There’s plenty of action in the luke-warm-hatch market in the US.
I'd like to buy a hatch when my Mz5 finally gives up the ghost. Wife's not super on board with the idea, but as long as it has an automatic, she probably won't care (because she can still use it if the Ody is out for any reason). Honestly, I feel like there are a LOT more 3- and 5-door hatches in all market levels than there were when I was a bachelor (and more likely to buy one).

·
100% Jakedashian
8,029 Posts
6 injections in the spine today. Fun, fun. And the best part is this is a preliminary blocker that wears off after 6 hours and I'll have to do this a second time before getting the for-real ablation. Can't wait.

Mazda 3 Turbo Hatch
I'm still sad these are auto only.

·
1000% Jake
5,020 Posts
That makes even less sense. Oh well...I wasn't going to buy one, anyway.
The ID3 makes the base golf obsolete in other markets. Bear in mind we will probably be the last market that manufacturers target with ICE cars (well, SUVs to be precise). VW can't keep making a full range of IC vehicles just for the US.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,824 Posts
The ID3 makes the base golf obsolete in other markets. Bear in mind we will probably be the last market that manufacturers target with ICE cars (well, SUVs to be precise). VW can't keep making a full range of IC vehicles just for the US.
I hadn't thought about new models being introduced as replacements. That makes more sense. Just seemed odd to only offer the slightly hopped-up version of a hatchback. Normally, it's the base model that's the only one offered.

Getting the boy packed for hockey camp. Little dude is in for a rude awakening this week, lol

·
I have all the correct opinions.
10,911 Posts
I hadn't thought about new models being introduced as replacements. That makes more sense. Just seemed odd to only offer the slightly hopped-up version of a hatchback. Normally, it's the base model that's the only one offered.

Getting the boy packed for hockey camp. Little dude is in for a rude awakening this week, lol
Sure but everything is a little faster now. The GTI is slightly better than most other manufacturers base-ish vehicles.

·
1000% Jake
5,020 Posts
It's likely the base model doesn't sell as well, besides, base models have the lowest profit margins.

Everything is upmarket now.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,824 Posts
It's likely the base model doesn't sell as well, besides, base models have the lowest profit margins.

Everything is upmarket now.
I see what you're saying. It's contrary to the traditional sales model.

14721 - 14740 of 14797 Posts