ClubRoadster.net banner
14,821 - 14,840 of 23,854 Posts
Moving went fine today. I think they overcharged me so I'll be reaching out to get that sorted but for now I'm just happy to have my stuff. My buddy also got the mustang out and it fired up immediately and ran just fine. Now I can schedule a hauler since I know it can be driven on the truck. Yay! I'm fucking tired.

My buddy and I fixed the Buick. Well, we fixed the symptom. No idea what the heck was causing the issue itself. Fuel trims were weird and the car was cruising at 15 degrees of timing when it should have had 30+. Disabled the ECUs torque protection by zero-ing out the appropriate table and... it's fine now. For some reason the powertrain was convinced I was going to destroy it at 10% load on the highway with the cruise control on. For the life of us we can't find any faulty sensor readings, so I'm leaning towards the ECU itself being faulty. At any rate, went from 15mpg to 24mpg indicated with flawless fuel trims now and far more appropriate timing.

Evidently bryan ain’t know about that utopia game. I looked into acquiring some several years ago but couldn’t pull the trigger.

And to be clear… here’s the whole situation: quoted $845, billed $1250, and now getting $450 back. I tipped them $50 each too in cash. This isn’t free money it’s make it right money. But I guess it was spent and now it’s not so that’s 1 take.

Making my first trip to the local farm/hardware and grocery stores today. Wish me luck!

Are Utopias being released this year? Thought it was even years only….

I had a 4oz pour a few years back and I’ll never forget it. I’d love to buy a bottle.

Sam Adams website was never very clear about it and it’s annoying. Why not have release info? So dumb.

Just had to teach my wife about microwave racks. She thought metal in the microwave was a blanket no-no, which it’s close, but racks are a thing. Related: many things are unpacked. Going to drive down the mountain to find a hardware store that carries closet maid so we can organize some things. Sure I could order but I’d rather touch it first.

Spoiler: it tastes like a barley wine. I mean, because it is.

It's fine. It's a lot of money to give to a brewery that makes really bad beer on the whole. Your money is much better spent on a limited Dogfish Head release or a magnum of Arrogant Bastard.

Dogfish opened a new brew pub in Miami - they took over a space from another brewery that presumably went out of business. It's a nice spot to hang out but tbh I wasn't that impressed by any of the special/limited beers they had on tap when I was there

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with that. Not everything has to be a profound experience. Sometimes you just want something to drink.
I drink water 90% of the time, so yeah… not profound. I only shy away from Sam if I’m drinking beer because I almost never drink beer and want the rare occasion to be better than average.

14,821 - 14,840 of 23,854 Posts