ClubRoadster.net banner
15441 - 15460 of 15592 Posts

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,058 Posts
Want to talk about ugly, check out the IS500s center console. Good lord. I love physical buttons as much as any of us, but why are there so many?

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,257 Posts
You don't need a touch screen, touch pad, and a dial? I feel like the older Acura's circa 2005 were like that. Just buttons on buttons on buttons.

I'm indifferent about either of these cars. Neither would be a consideration for ownership and neither is that interesting. Meh.

·
11,058 Posts
Yeah Porsche is wild, but at least there’s consistent thought. Lexus interiors look like somebody dropped JB Weld in the plastic parts bin and they stuck whatever came out on the dash.

·
1000% Jake
5,106 Posts
Of course, we can't get the Yaris GR. Thanks for reminding me lol 😭

Happy Friday guiz. Car is completely back to autocross trim, minus the front lip (RIP) and I'm ready to run at Shelton tomorrow. Took me a bit over 3 hours to change all the springs out and swap wheels, which is probably still slow by some standards. I'm happy with it.

·
100% stoke-adelic
8,092 Posts
I re-hashed an ancient joke. Applaud my comedic genius. Or something.

That new WRX looks dookie. Bulky plastic cladding, tiny wheel wells, rubber band tires? What? None of that is congruent. IS500 looks neat but most of Lexus "sporty" offerings seem to suffer from commitment issues and I'm not convinced this will be any different. Can't afford it anyways.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,971 Posts

·
11,058 Posts
So apparently we’re implementing SmartSheet for some work functions, and a VP just sent me an email about “ShartSheet.” I’m dying.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,257 Posts
Tell her/him it's never a good idea to eat gas station chili. Guaranteed ShartSheet.

I probably should play around with SmartSheets a bit tho. A few companies have used it. I know ServiceNow pretty well but more tools in the old toolbelt is never a bad thing.

And I think I'm calling my presentation for this interview take home test done. They'll like it or won't. I don't think staring at it any longer will make it any better...

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
aka upstate new york summer?
Nah, upstate spends most of the summer in the mid 80s. Late spring and early fall are 70s.

Upstate has hotter days than here actually. The nights are always cooler though, and the heat/humidity is less consistent.

·
100% stoke-adelic
8,092 Posts
Hit the singletrack last night so I could start the workweek with a totally destroyed body. I'm tempted to buy a second set of wheels for this thing because these gravel bike tires I got are fantastic for the street/trail mix I spend 99% of my time on my bike doing, but sorely lacking when confronted with any sort of incline at the singletrack parks. Other than that I was really just lacking a bigger set of cojones and more seat time.

15441 - 15460 of 15592 Posts