ClubRoadster.net banner
15461 - 15480 of 15592 Posts

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,257 Posts
Jake you wild. I've thought about doing some mountain bike things but I'm convinced it would kill my back... and I'm out of shape. Can't imagine your back likes it and hope you're at least riding full suspension.

When does sweatshirt weather set in? I miss wearing a hoodie all day everyday.

·
Super Moderator
2,803 Posts
I sold my full-sus two weekends ago and I'm in the market looking for a deal on a hard tail. I'm waiting on some details from a seller on a Kona Honzo St. If it's the one I might be taking a weekend trip to Niagara falls to pick it up.

·
100% stoke-adelic
8,092 Posts
Lol, full suspension. I have a 20 year old aluminum Gary Fisher with a slew of cheap-ish upgrade parts. No-name chinese fork that, honestly, punches way above its weight class, new chain, amazon platform pedals, new bars, new chain, new stem (shorter), etc.

Except I accidentally bought a fork for a 29er so... my geometry is a bit hosed until I buy the correct fork. I felt really stupid when I did that. And I keep forgetting to level out my dang seat. Despite all that and despite only riding once so far this year I managed to keep up with the CF S-works and the walgoose with a similar slate of ebay/amazon upgrades. On the flat stuff, at least.

Bicycle Tire Wheel Land vehicle Bicycle wheel

·
1000% Jake
5,106 Posts
I should ride my 29er, there are great trails around here. Hmm.

Banknote Money handling Rectangle Material property Money

This happened on Saturday. I put the car back to autocross spec and set second in race tire class at the Bridge City Autocross cone challenge event out at Shelton. Basically a giant 90 foot slalom halfway down the runway and then 70 foot slalom back with cash prizes for top five finishers in two classes.

They also did a relay where you throw a stuffed chicken from car to car after you do your run.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,058 Posts
I know better than to click random YouTube links from 100% Jake.

·
1000% Jake
5,106 Posts
He's worried it's going to make him like girls and/or give him a virus?

So basically whatever most ppl are worried about on the internets.

·
100% stoke-adelic
8,092 Posts
Gotta say... not loving the way these tCs (yes that's how it's supposed to be capitalized) are put together. The engineering is great, they're neat little cars, but my god this thing is horrid to work on. Getting this transmission out is an 8+ hour ordeal so far. Getting flashbacks to my Lexuses

·
10,257 Posts
The engineering is great --- Getting this transmission out is an 8+ hour ordeal so far.
Is this statement contradictory or a stab at the way engineers don't care how it is to work on, only how it goes together?

Just put my first 2 pork roasts on the pellet grill. Can't wait to fvck up not 1, but 2 pieces of meat! I'm riding high after a few successful cooks so I figure it's time to tackle the big game.

·
10,257 Posts
Our new rating system is "would you be happy if you ordered this at a restaurant?" I did a bombass salmon last night and the wife made some delicious mushroom risotto and asparagus. Like 3 bites in she said "I would definitely order this again" so we're doing something right.

I also started playing a video game. I picked up an old beat up Xbox One S so I can play Destiny 2 with my (boy)friends. Turns out I'm still terrible at video games, lol.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,971 Posts
Found out why you pay good money for better pads. Pretty sore after a fall in yesterday's game, but I think I would have trouble standing up if I were wearing my old cheapies.

15461 - 15480 of 15592 Posts