ClubRoadster.net banner
15801 - 15820 of 15983 Posts

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,112 Posts
Make sure you make reservations in advance, most places are not taking walk ins since covid
appreciate you saying that - we do have rezos. also happens to be Harvest Wine Festival weekend in Paso while we’re there… it’s going to be packed.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,337 Posts
Smoked 3 racks of ribs, a whole chicken, and grilled a spatchcock chicken. Meat for days… and it’s so good. I should do this more often.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,112 Posts
Smoked 3 racks of ribs, a whole chicken, and grilled a spatchcock chicken. Meat for days… and it’s so good. I should do this more often.
That’s a lotta meat bro bro. Why?

·
10,337 Posts
That’s a lotta meat bro bro. Why?
2 reasons... local meat selection wasn't great and Costco had free delivery so we made it happen. And we got a new fridge and freezer so we can store frozen meats if we don't eat them all in a few days. I like the simplicity of having my proteins cooked already. Not sure ribs are as useful as the pulled pork tho...

I wanted a new motion light for the garage so I splurged on a Ring floodlight for there and the back door. Save $20 when you buy 2! I like that you can also enable the siren. Don't think I will but fun option to have.

·
10,337 Posts
Did you get the regular floodlight, or the pro?
I went with the Plus. I couldn't justify the cost increase to get the Pro. I considered one of each and then decide what I needed where but meh. It's honestly more about motion floodlight than recording, the latter is just nice to have and I'm already in the eco.

·
Za Lord
950 Posts
Yeah, I'm in the ecosystem already, too. I just wondered what you thought of it. Is the only difference between the two slightly brighter lights and color vs B&W night vision? That's all I can readily identify.

·
10,337 Posts
The lights are actually the same brightness at 2000 Lumens. The Pro has better night vision and motion detection but that seems almost pointless. Motion detected, light on, video recorded. That's all I need. The Pro does have dual band WiFi whereas the Plus only does 2.4GHz. I have my house and garage pretty well blanketed with Google Mesh WiFi so I think I'll be ok there.

·
1000% Jake
5,138 Posts
I've finally started watching The Grand Tour. It's not Top Gear, but it's growing on me.
It gets a lot better when they ditch the carryover stuff from the old show like the studio audience and celebrity interviews. That stuff really only worked when they were based in England, and even then it wasn't why most of us watched the show.

Watch 'Clarkson's Farm' when you get a chance. It's good.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,063 Posts
It is 64* outside and I might freeze to death.
Lightweight. Of course, 64 has been the nightly low around here for the last week or so.

For those who don't have kids or are otherwise not familiar, the Ryan franchise shows look weirder and weirder the older he gets. His parents basically spend the show looking like idiots forced to play with their son (who is the family cash cow) who gets to do pretty much whatever he wants on screen. Problem is: he's getting towards puberty...

·
10,337 Posts
It is 64* outside and I might freeze to death.
It just snowed here. We got enough for a dusting and to coat the trees. Already melting but it happened.
For those who don't have kids or are otherwise not familiar, the Ryan franchise shows look weirder and weirder the older he gets.
I wish I wasn't familiar but now I am. "thanks"

I basically told a VP to fvck off today. Not in a short timer way, but a "you're a d!ck to everyone and we're all tired of it" kinda way. He ended the call with "I think I have what I need." I wanted to ask him what that was exactly but chose not to. I hope it's an enema.

·
100% stoke-adelic
8,133 Posts
It's even worse when you realize he's calling the shots.
I'm sure he has to be in order for them to barely skirt child exploitation laws. I don't understand how any of this is legal (especially after reading the wiki article). Perhaps some sort of loophole that allows child actors/actresses in Hollywood? I'm uncomfortable. IIRC this was behind some big crackdown in rules for Youtube. Luckily I do car stuff and don't swear or do anything vulgar, involving minors, political, or violent on my channel so it's pretty safe for the most part.

15801 - 15820 of 15983 Posts