ClubRoadster.net banner
15841 - 15860 of 15983 Posts

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,112 Posts
William Shatner went to space today. Gotta wonder what kind of physical requirements there really are when a 90yr-old can go up.
Pretty sure astronauts aren’t just vacationing in space like Shatner is.

·
1000% Jake
5,138 Posts
William Shatner went to space today. Gotta wonder what kind of physical requirements there really are when a 90yr-old can go up.
He said the hardest thing would be getting out of the seat. So... Having lots and lots of money or being really famous seems like the only requirement.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,063 Posts
Pretty sure astronauts aren’t just vacationing in space like Shatner is.
He said the hardest thing would be getting out of the seat. So... Having lots and lots of money or being really famous seems like the only requirement.
I'd assume having money is the main requirement in practice. I'm just curious what's on paper.

·
1000% Jake
5,138 Posts
You would be.

❤❤

I'm pissed. A gallon of Xylene from home Depot would have saved my engine. I'm going to carry a couple gallons everywhere. Can't hurt.

·
Registered
785 Posts
James it seems like you're gonna get actual snowfall pretty regularly which is going to get real old real quick with an ATV plow. They just don't have the mass to push more than a few inches and having to go plow every 3" is a bad time.

Unless you're just looking for an excuse to buy an ATV in which case carry on.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Today was my last day at my old job, start the new one tomorrow. Weird week but I'm glad that's over with. Gonna have to figure out how to store a lot more tools in my apartment though 😂

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,337 Posts
Aren’t you buying a truck? Just buy a plow for the truck…
Yes, trying to buy a truck but I don't want a plow on my pretty new parking lot princess.
I am looking for a snowblower for the winter. I don't have enough driveway for a plow.

I did buy a used 32" zero turn mower a week or two ago. It's pretty nice. I bought a trailer hitch (which is really just a piece of powdercoated angle iron) and a ball to pull my utility trailer to and from the backyard, and I have a 10cf yard trailer on order for hauling dirt/mulch/firewood around.
I've kicked around the idea of a snowblower. Never really used one but probably should consider it. I also like the idea of a utility trailer and that would be likely if I end up with a quad... just my property has some serious slope.
I'm pissed. A gallon of Xylene from home Depot would have saved my engine. I'm going to carry a couple gallons everywhere. Can't hurt.
Are you saying you should have used paint thinner to up your octane and it would have saved a rod? Or is there some other thing?
James it seems like you're gonna get actual snowfall pretty regularly which is going to get real old real quick with an ATV plow. They just don't have the mass to push more than a few inches and having to go plow every 3" is a bad time.

Unless you're just looking for an excuse to buy an ATV in which case carry on.
Knowing what the snow is gonna do here seems to be a mystery. Everyone tells a different story. Our road will mostly be handled by the neighbors. The quad is just a little something to supplement the driveway efforts. I definitely understand their limits.

And kinda.
Today was my last day at my old job, start the new one tomorrow. Weird week but I'm glad that's over with. Gonna have to figure out how to store a lot more tools in my apartment though 😂
Congrats man! I've got a garage where you could store some tools if ya need it... ;)

Drove down a sketchy little canyon/creek road today and it felt good to explore a bit. Need to spend more time exploring...

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Found a Miata. Picking it up Saturday. Its already boosted with a built motor... so my winter build plans are foiled! Fingers crossed the motor is still strong and tidy. If not... then I guess I get to rebuild it. With prices being what they are, I couldn't pass on at least $7k worth of parts installed and a clean body.

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle

Hey @concealer404 , you still sell fluids? ;)

Reactions: deprogram

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
For those who haven't followed along... here is a bit of my Miata history.
1st one: 97, 50k miles. I used it as a winter beater XD
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive parking light

2nd: 05 MSM.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

3rd: 95 I turbo'd (seriously mad I sold this one. The difference of a job offer on a Monday instead of a Friday was the difference in me keeping it or selling it)
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

Reactions: deprogram

·
1000% Jake
5,138 Posts
Yes, trying to buy a truck but I don't want a plow on my pretty new parking lot princess.

Are you saying you should have used paint thinner to up your octane and it would have saved a rod? Or is there some other thing?
You know you want everyone to call you Mister Plow.

Yes, I don't know how I didn't know about this, but toluene and xylene are 114 and 117 octane respectively, and are already present in gasoline in significant quantities. I can add a gallon to a half tank of 91 (or whatever that **** was that went in the tank at the hill) and get 97 octane. Xylene is readily available at home despot for $22 a gallon.

Yes, I can buy race gas but the really high octanes are all leaded. **** that noise. Twenty bucks is a tiny investment compared to a bent rod.

The other problem was that I'm just not properly tuned for 18+ psi. It's really hard to tune those cells on the street. Maybe going up a mountain on the freeway? Could work.

·
1000% Jake
5,138 Posts
Along with answering any and all rhetorical questions (don't ask a question if you don't want an answer), it's just in my nature.
I know, and I appreciate it.

The worrying, slightly less. But that seems to be getting better. Or maybe you're mentioning it less. The tone of your posts are a bit more upbeat.

I could also be high.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,063 Posts
I know, and I appreciate it.

The worrying, slightly less. But that seems to be getting better. Or maybe you're mentioning it less. The tone of your posts are a bit more upbeat.
I have good days and bad. Lately, it's been hard because both kids have been sick in the last couple weeks (daughter just went back to school for the first time this week), and my wife has been dealing with some nagging issues. Not the greatest time to be working out mental health.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,337 Posts
We had our wildfire mitigation assessment today. Went a bit better than expected in most areas with a bit more work in some. Glad I have a chainsaw but really wanting that atv right about now, lol.

15841 - 15860 of 15983 Posts