ClubRoadster.net banner
15961 - 15980 of 16629 Posts

·
1000% Jake
5,198 Posts

·
100% stoke-adelic
8,188 Posts
How do we feel about dashcams? I think I want to buy one. Traffic is picking up and drivers seem to have gotten worse since the pandemic
Could have saved me large amounts of money on multiple occasions. I need to buy three of them.

·
Murse Magnet
7,855 Posts
I have a VIOFO 129 pro I hard wired into my suv. After doing a firmware update to a newer firmware it’s been pretty reliable for me. Before I did the update it would have issues sometimes of turning off and not always working when the car was off. I think it would overheat before.

I think it was worth the $150 or so that it cost.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,409 Posts
So they're building a new house down the road. Just about the last remaining place to build up here. Today the tree company is trimming to put in new powerlines. I wasn't too mad until they took a bunch of our aspens. Fuckers. I hate people.

·
10,409 Posts
Your aspens like on your property? Sounds like you need to shoot someone
I love you.

They’re on my property but technically within the road easement and nothing I could have done. And now that they’re done really nothing I can do. It sucks because not only are they pretty, they’re also fire resistant.
A strongly worded email.
I’ve sent 3 of these to Allstate without a single reply. Time to abort.

·
10,409 Posts
Steve... I made a realization and am hoping to have a breakthrough. I take the club back a little low and then push up and cast out to get it on plane and swing outside in. I'm going to work on shorter steeper backswing and then getting the hands inside out.

Skinnies and work boots gang!

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,217 Posts
Try to get your takeaway on the same plane as downswing. If that’s what you’re saying, then go for it. Think Louis Oost, not Matt Wolfe.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,217 Posts
I’ve had that thought over the last couple days. Played Spanish Bay a couple afternoons ago, and it was 50* with 30 mph gusts… some vacation.

It’s a game that you can never win.

·
10,409 Posts
It's such a good excuse to gamble and drink tho. Maybe I don't quit.

Were you at least prepared for those conditions? Nothing worse than rolling out in shorts and a polo then getting smacked with cold and wind and wet...

·
Mufasa in Training
34,212 Posts
Got to go to my first Browns game since 1990 yesterday. Football is WAY better to watch at home if you actually want to just watch the game, but the stadium atmosphere (drunken belligerents aside) is pretty awesome.

Have a Happy Friday, everyone :)

(Dog pics this week are of Swagger, the Browns' former mascot. He passed away from cancer last February.)

·
100% stoke-adelic
8,188 Posts
Today sure was some ups and downs. My BMW has been at MAACO for the last week getting the bumper (clear peel), hood (clear peel/fade), driver fender (scraped/accident damage), and driver side doors (keyed to crap, scratched, faded, from a junk yard in Oklahoma after a Chevy truck caved in my old ones) resprayed for the princely sum of $1100.

I'm pretty stoked with the result. The car is a solid 10-footer, from this angle at least (roof, rear quarters need re-done; passenger doors need some PDR, sunroof delete needs executed). Took this picture as I walked into work.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Walked out of work later that day and saw someone backed into my freshly painted bumper and scraped the middle section of it. Damn near had a panic attack before realizing they left their cell, name, and insurance policy # in the wiper. Went to a local detail buddy and he wet-sanded and buffed the scuff out in about 15 minutes. Texted the number to assure them it was taken care of and I wouldn't be making a claim against their insurance.

Rollercoaster of a day. Going to be a rollercoaster of a weekend. Need to go to LKQ first thing in the morning to remove a majority of an NC3s interior to put in my NC1, then I'm going to try to fix the window switch and driver's regulator in the Insight, then I'm going to attempt to fix or at least diagnose the oil leak on the Maxima, then re-tune the NC (copied the wrong electronic throttle table so it drives like garbage), then probably look into diagnosing the brakes on the Scion. Doing 60 down the highway, a light turns red, I go to step on the pedal and it fell all the way to the firewall with no resistance whatsoever. I tapped the pedal a few times and it pumped back up and got me stopped again. Turned off the highway and slowly took some backroads home after verifying the handbrake would do an adequate job of slowing the car... but the brakes gave me no further issues. Got home and let the car idle for 10 minutes while I got leg day in pushing on the brake pedal hard enough I thought I was going to bend something. Got out and poked around with a flashlight... no leaks or evidence of a leak anywhere. Fluid level fine. WTF. Bubble? The pedal feel didn't change appreciably.

·
Registered
797 Posts
BMW looks great.

One of my previous employers once had a customer whose brake pedal would intermittently go to the floor one time and then be totally fine. IIRC the problem turned out to be that the brake lines were deteriorating on the inside and little bits of debris would occasionally pass through the ABS pump and cause some (brief) havoc. It took a lot of diag and parts changing to arrive at that conclusion though 😂

·
Mufasa in Training
34,212 Posts
One of my previous employers once had a customer whose brake pedal would intermittently go to the floor one time and then be totally fine. IIRC the problem turned out to be that the brake lines were deteriorating on the inside and little bits of debris would occasionally pass through the ABS pump and cause some (brief) havoc. It took a lot of diag and parts changing to arrive at that conclusion though 😂
That would be my freaking nightmare.

·
100% stoke-adelic
8,188 Posts
BMW looks great.

That's a thought... I wouldn't expect the brake lines to go to crap in an '06 Toyota already. Rest of the car is fairly rust free (except for every single bolt shank, because Toyota).

I might just change the fluid (which looks clean but who knows) using my fancy new vacuum deal and see what happens.

I won at LKQ today. The entire center console, lower radio console area, window switches, door sill trim, and windshield header panel with functioning sunvisors for $60 total. Only other part I'll need is an NC3 double DIN radio bezel. My NC1 one will technically fit but there will be a small gap.

·
Super Moderator
2,848 Posts
I did a semi-major project on my 4x6 utility trailer today. I bought this used probably close to 10 years ago now. It was originally a tilt trailer, but had a mesh floor and open sides. The first thing I did when I bought it was bolt the tongue in to cut down the rattles since the tilt feature was pointless.

Anyways today I cut out the mesh floor, ground down all the welds from the mesh floor and hit everything with a 60grit flap disc. Then I put a quart of Rust-Oleum on the frame. I went with international harvester red. It was gray before, but I've been rear ended twice while towing, so I figured making it brighter can't hurt. While that was drying I cut new 5/4 deck boards to length, pre drilled the holes for the carriage bolts and routered the top corners of the boards with a round over bit. When the paint was dry enough I drilled all the bolt holes and installed the boards with carriage bolts. I'm still waiting on recessed d rings for the two edge boards. The paint didn't go on super smooth because it was 50* out, but overall I'm super happy with how it turned out.

Plant Road surface Wood Asphalt Grass

15961 - 15980 of 16629 Posts