ClubRoadster.net banner
16481 - 16500 of 16629 Posts

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,217 Posts
My thanksgiving menu:

Spatchcocked roasted turkey (free-range from Crowd Cow)
Stovetop corn bread stuffing
Yukon gold mashed potatoes (I wanted funeral potatoes but got overruled)
Roasted leafed brussel sprouts with bacon and balsamic glaze
A shitton of homemade gravy (adding pinch of marmite and soy sauce this year, for extra umami)

Other people are figuring out dessert. Not sure what’s been decided there.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I too requested cheesy potatoes for thanksgiving and got rejected. I'll get those for Christmas breakfast.

I do a butter herb rubbed roasted turkey. Use the herbed drippings to make the gravy. I'll be making 2 this year. 1 on Thanksgiving for me the wife and kids and 1 on Friday for Thanksgiving with the inlaws. And the only difference from your menu is I despise cornbread stuffing. I've only had it a few times, but it was dry and gross. I'll do pepperidge farm stuffing on Thursday and Stovetop on Friday.

Normal cornbread is a year round staple though. Make it any time we have beans or chili.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,212 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,848 Posts
My mom always makes everything for all of the holiday meals. Even if you offer to help she wants to just do it on her own so her routine doesn't get messed up. She is making a cajun roasted turkey this year. She's done it a few times before and it's always awesome so I am pretty pumped for that.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Is the Miata running yet?
Yah. I haven't done a compression or leak down test yet. I bought a leak down tester but haven't driven the 30min to my brothers to borrow his compressor. I changed the oil and drained the catch can. Put around 50 miles on it since this and everything seems fine. Its not smoking. Drained the catch can again yesterday and it only had fuel in it. So that nasty mess I saw before could of been ethanol and oil mixed. Maybe I'm just running super rich and throwing way too much fuel for the low boost I'm running. Plus most the driving is stop and go traffic and not a lot of extended time on the pedal.

edit: also doesn't help that I'm running shitty winter e85 right now that is actually something closer to e80

·
11,217 Posts
Even if you offer to help she wants to just do it on her own so her routine doesn't get messed up.
This is how I feel. If i’m controlling everything, the chaos is manageable. I hate having to deal with last minute fire drills because I have to accommodate somebody else’s contribution in some unforeseen way.

·
11,217 Posts
Black Friday has gone too far when I’m getting emails from mortgage lenders about their “special Black Friday refi rates.”

Um, no.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,409 Posts
I may be picking up a 1989 S10. For just over 1 months payments on new truck, I figure hey. something else to work on.
This is a good idea unless it’s a 2.8. The iron duke 2.5 or the 4.3 are god tier motors. It’s also a super easy to work on chassis. I hope this happens.

T Day we’re headed across the street to the neighbors. They’re doing the bird and I think we’re doing most of the sides. And by we I mean my wife. I did pick out a selection of beers and wines through.

·
(⌐■_■)
2,439 Posts
For thanksgiving, I'm making cornish hens instead of turkey because there's just two of us this year... I also don't care for turkey enough to eat an entire bird

Black Friday has gone too far when I’m getting emails from mortgage lenders about their “special Black Friday refi rates.”

Um, no.
Heh, I enjoy the getting refi emails from the lender I just refinanced with <1 year ago.

I already did my black friday shopping this year and got in on that oled life

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
We're doing T day here like we did last year. We were supposed to have.. like 5 other people coming, but all but one backed out for sure. We might end up with just two now. Oh well. Extra food.

·
11,217 Posts
Why can’t people take care of things. Like, why let something nice deteriorate into such a pile.

It doesn’t take money to keep things clean.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,212 Posts
Also lol Bryan, that last one caught me off guard.
If you want something heartwarming and beautiful to watch, there is one particular episode of Bluey that is memorable..."Sleepytime". It features excerpts from Holst's The Planets suite.

·
100% stoke-adelic
8,188 Posts
Computer talk?

Automotive design Interior design Television set Rectangle Art

Finally ditched the stock cooler and got this CoolerMaster 212 knockoff when I realized the legit CoolerMaster 212 has ruined the mounting plate design. Much quieter and more than adequate for my little i3. I think I'm less than $300 into this computer since it's mostly composed of hand-me-downs.

i3-8100, 32gb ddr4-2132, 512gb evo 850 (+4tb data drive), Gtx1060sc 6gb

Pretty simple. Good enough for 4k HDR Destiny 2 with Michaela.

·
1000% Jake
5,198 Posts
$300? Solid. I've never been a huge fan of PC underglow type stuff but looks clean. I need to build something to run iRacing this winter and maybe play Star Citizen for the lulz.

Thanksgiving I'm going to smoke a chicken. This year I learned that the native americans were not even invited to the first thanksgiving so I'm not doing any of the traditional dishes. No hate to the traditional dishes and anyone eating them, I love stuffing my face with stuffing. Just trying something different.

Hmm maybe I'll smoke a rack of ribs.

16481 - 16500 of 16629 Posts