ClubRoadster.net banner
16501 - 16520 of 16629 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
34,212 Posts
Anybody watching the new Bebop? GF got me to watch the first episode with her, and it’s… ok.
I want to watch it. Was happy to see Yoko Kanno was back as part of the project.

Honestly: if it's just "ok", it'll have been better than I could have imagined. From day one of the rumors about a live-action Bebop, I was not enthused--and that was years ago. The trailers for the new show looked far better than I had imagined the final product to be.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Anybody watching the new Bebop? GF got me to watch the first episode with her, and it’s… ok.
Not yet. Loved the Anime when I was in HS and college, so I'm excited about it. But the wife isn't in to sci-fi/fantasy, so gotta find time on my own to watch it.

·
(⌐■_■)
2,439 Posts
I'd probably go for the patagonia bag for a couple reasons - I support their activism, the company will be around in the future and they stand behind their products, and the bag itself is probably significantly lighter than the second. Don't really care for the color though, but it's not the worst

·
R U ?
7,259 Posts
Currently ~6 episodes into the Netflix Cowboy Bebop adaptation and am enjoying it. Watched a few episodes of the anime beforehand to make sure my brain had something to compare to instead of nostalgia memories.

·
1000% Jake
5,198 Posts
Followed through on Bebop... Got five episodes deep. It's better than I expected so far. Love the extra depth on Jet Black's backstory other than it being maybe a bit weirdly racist but that's probably the point. Wish they could have lost the cigarettes but since that's critical to the aesthetic I get why it's still there. I feel like Spike's long workout sessions in the cargo hold of the Bebop would lend themselves to another kind of smoke. But, what do I know.

Casting is so good it hurts. So far. Costume design is as good as it needs to be which is to say very, very good. Faye actually gets to change outfits once or twice which makes me happy for her.

I'm worried about how Ed will work but we'll get there when we get there.

It's quite a bit more adult. I'm ok with it.

They've even kept the title cards.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,409 Posts
It's actually kinda nice. But TIL: CO people don't know how to drive in the snow either.

Truck is smogged. Would be plated but it was a 90 minute wait so that's a nah. Key fobs came in and were easy to program. And bought a super handy phone holder for the cx5. Haven't driven with it but looks and feels great.

·
Super Moderator
2,848 Posts
I ended up getting the fancier looking bag for her. Then when I told her I ordered one she said "Did you get one of the ones I sent you? Those were just examples so you could find something like that."

What..?

16501 - 16520 of 16629 Posts