ClubRoadster.net banner
16541 - 16560 of 18557 Posts

·
(⌐■_■)
2,473 Posts
Also need to update the kitchen. One thing that really bugs me about it is to save a few $$ in flooring during the construction, the wood floor doesn't go under the cabinets. So they are about 1" lower than normal and most of the kickboards are jacked up because of this so there is a gap between them and the flooring. Allowing all kinds of crap to get between that you can't clean up. I'm avoiding messing with the cabinets because of this. Don't want to deal with trying to raise the floor to even with the wood floor. Its the same wood floor that runs through the dining room, living room and hallway. So replacing just the floor in the kitchen seems like a pain. Ideally, I want to remove the wall between the kitchen and living room. But, then I get in to adding support because the wall is load bearing.
like most things, it depends, but not extending flooring under cabinets could be 100% the correct way to do it. Regarding your situation, it doesn't sound like the cabinets were installed correctly though. When you install new cabinets, you should use plywood strips underneath the base to raise them to the height of the floor & also use a shoe molding to cover the gap

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Moving in the same area sucks. Only way to do it is sell high and move somewhere cheaper but doesn’t sound like that’s possible. I’m not sure if I’m brave enough to tackle a bath or kitchen remodel but might find out next year. The downstairs bathroom sucks dong. Are these things you’ve done and/or feel confident doing yourself?

Mask mandate in CO is back and that includes in the office. Ugh. Going to need more face lotion.
Do I know how to? Not yet. But I'm confident I could. At this point, I'm tired of learning how to do something to save money. It would be nice to FINALLY hire someone to do something.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,526 Posts
Hate to spoil it for you, but dealing with contractors isn’t fun either. Sure, you’re not doing the work, but that’s also precisely the problem.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,526 Posts
Ugh, triple post…

@Bryan, Fenway Sports Group has agreement to buy controlling stake in Penguins. Burkle and Lemieux will remain involved and take roles within FSG.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
First day on the new job down. Had an hour and a half zoom meeting with my manager and then found out my workstation in the office isn't set up soo. Just sat around all day and read some stuff he said I should read.

🤷‍♂️

·
Mufasa in Training
34,690 Posts
@Bryan, Fenway Sports Group has agreement to buy controlling stake in Penguins. Burkle and Lemieux will remain involved and take roles within FSG.
I saw the deal had gone through and knew Le Magnifique would still be around. Surprised to hear that Burkle will stay on.
Can we put a shot clock on Russ? THROWTHEFUCKINGBALL

Might have to be a broncos fan now I guess…
I don't think you love misery enough, but there's always room on the Browns bandwagon. A lot of room, I'm afraid.

Nice part about WFH: I get to make this for lunch...

·
Mufasa in Training
34,690 Posts
Was that in a freezer box or bag? ;)
It's leftover sausage, shrimp, and broccoli from last night's dinner combined with rice and two eggs. I fried the eggs and rice together today (by accident), then added broccoli, then meats. Added soy sauce to taste. It was good.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,590 Posts
Sounds good. How’d you fry them together by accident? I do that on purpose all the time. 1-2 T oil and leftover rice. Heated til it pops a bit then add a couple eggs. I usually do it with Mexican rice, add a handful of shredded cheese, then top with sour cream and green salsa.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,690 Posts
I normally get the eggs fried first until they're juuuuuuust barely solid (not runny) before I add the rice. If I have leftover rice, I use it. Otherwise, I cook Minute Rice, then put it in the freezer for about 10min so that it is going into the skillet cold.

Today, I added the rice and oil first. To avoid overcooking the rice, I added the eggs and just mixed them together.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Hate to spoil it for you, but dealing with contractors isn’t fun either. Sure, you’re not doing the work, but that’s also precisely the problem.
Just like house shopping, covid contractor shopping also doesn't sound fun. I've heard so many horror stories and see so much terrible work. not finishing, not showing up after demolition, not doing it properly, taking shortcuts... So, that just gets pushed down the road also.

16541 - 16560 of 18557 Posts