ClubRoadster.net banner
17001 - 17020 of 17126 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
34,332 Posts
Kiddos' school got cancelled for tomorrow due to staffing shortages.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Lol I can actually relate strongly to that. My wife is on a one week outpatient psyc rotation, so all zoom stuff. She's been home all week after me having the house to myself for a couple months

·
Mufasa in Training
34,332 Posts
Lol I can actually relate strongly to that. My wife is on a one week outpatient psyc rotation, so all zoom stuff. She's been home all week after me having the house to myself for a couple months
My wife's school got closed < 10 days ago, so I'm waiting for that time to end.

Oh well.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Kiddos' school got cancelled for tomorrow due to staffing shortages.
My kids school was closed last week but my wife's school wasn't. So I had them with me all week while I worked from home. Wasn't horrible. They spent most the week being babysat by their xbox/iPad.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,332 Posts
My kids school was closed last week but my wife's school wasn't. So I had them with me all week while I worked from home. Wasn't horrible. They spent most the week being babysat by their xbox/iPad.
They were already scheduled to have tomorrow off as well as Monday (MLK Day). I suspect they added the other day because, well, they're already going to be gone for a few days, so this would give all-important time for quarantine, etc.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
I retested an application today and verified a priority level vulnerability hasn't been remediated. Scoring points with my boss. Sending app teams into a frenzy days before a deadline.

Rad.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,461 Posts
Jake I accidentally found your last name because of a mutual Facebook group and it wouldn’t take much to find your address through public records. I wouldn’t but it’s not hard. Sucks.

I’m exhausted. Going back into the office is taking it out of me. Gonna need to recharge this weekend.

·
Resident BMW Apologist
3,268 Posts
Interesting development in my casual search for my next car - as of 2022 you can now get a heated steering wheel in a Mini Cooper. Fully loaded Cooper S comes in around $35k, seems like a better deal than a new GTI honestly.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,332 Posts
I have money to spend from Christmas...I'm contemplating a long zoom lens for the kiddo (and me) to use or maybe even a new (to me) GPU. Wonder what 6GB cards are going for now.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,297 Posts
Interesting development in my casual search for my next car - as of 2022 you can now get a heated steering wheel in a Mini Cooper. Fully loaded Cooper S comes in around $35k, seems like a better deal than a new GTI honestly.
I think they need to release another iteration of The Italian Job to rekindle my feelings for Minis. Right now, I’m not feeling it.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,332 Posts
$35k for a Mini seems insane to me. Then again, I've only paid more than that for a car once in my life (the Odyssey) and hope to not do it again any time soon.

·
Super Moderator
2,863 Posts
Got my new tires last night. They are surprisingly quiet, I was expecting the worst from some of the online reviews but I figured the pros of an all weather tire would outweigh the cons. Turns out they are quieter than the factory all seasons that were on there. Another bonus is the shop that installed them offers free rotations for the life of the tire, which is nice since they are right over the hill and on the way home from work.

Bryan, pick something and pull the trigger. I am guessing you would feel better about the purchase of the lens since it's dual use for you and the kid. It will probably be a lot easier to pick out than a used GPU at potentially inflated prices. But either way, it's Christmas money. Don't fall into an existential crisis trying to spend it.

Jake, try to figure out how you can separate your internet persona from real life. If someone found you easy enough to send you beer then the person you accidentally piss off will find you just as easy.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
JR has long covid. Neat.

Jake is acquiring stalkers. Neat.

GPUs will be a better buy next year. Things are still a little wild. Not worth it.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,332 Posts
Bryan, pick something and pull the trigger. I am guessing you would feel better about the purchase of the lens since it's dual use for you and the kid. It will probably be a lot easier to pick out than a used GPU at potentially inflated prices. But either way, it's Christmas money. Don't fall into an existential crisis trying to spend it.
To be fair to myself, I've been scouring KEH since before I even got my Christmas money just trying to figure out what I want to buy, not if I'm going to buy anything. I already bought a teleconverter for one of my existing lenses. The GPU idea literally occurred to me this morning. I'm still playing on a 4GB GTX970 and figured an updated card might keep some of my games from crashing as often.

17001 - 17020 of 17126 Posts