ClubRoadster.net banner
17041 - 17060 of 17126 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,863 Posts
The newest minis look bloated to me compared to the late 2000's models.

My sister had a ~08 mini clubman that she really liked driving and the usefulness of the extended hatch area. However, the thing had basically all the standard issues (bad headlights, timing issue, maybe a clutch issue??) and eventually became more expensive to repair than it was worth. I drove an 08 cooper s that had some power mods and the torque steer was almost unmanageable. It was fun for like two shifts then i was super annoyed by it.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,332 Posts
Now that's a hot take
I fully have admitted that I don't have a lot of hands-on experience with the Mini. Oddly, I haven't seen one in quite a while around here--or at least I don't pay enough attention to them once I decided they were not a car I was interested in for myself due to expense and maintenance concerns.
That’s a totally reasonable size increase for 50 years worth of engineering and safety innovations
It might be.
The newest minis look bloated to me compared to the late 2000's models.

My sister had a ~08 mini clubman that she really liked driving and the usefulness of the extended hatch area. However, the thing had basically all the standard issues (bad headlights, timing issue, maybe a clutch issue??) and eventually became more expensive to repair than it was worth. I drove an 08 cooper s that had some power mods and the torque steer was almost unmanageable. It was fun for like two shifts then i was super annoyed by it.
Your take regarding the size is what I was basically thinking. They just seem so much bigger than they probably are these days.
Outside of the clown car chevy spark, I think the mini is the shortest car you can buy
Possibly.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
App team is feeling the heat on this issue I keep having to test. Still no fix. They honestly don't even seem to grasp the problem.

They tried getting me to downgrade the issue today and I had to give them a firm "no. Fix it." lol

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,297 Posts
Today, I bought a custom painted front grille for my car…. and paid an invoice to have a hole in the stucco on my house repaired. So. much. FUN.

·
1000% Jake
5,268 Posts
Corrado is gone gone gone, so today I get to pull the 1996 into the driveway. At which point I can pull the entire drivetrain, subframes and... Everything else. Then scrap the shell.

The HOA is going to be so happy with me.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,332 Posts
Videos from Gun Jesus make pleasant background noise. Just dry enough that I'm not necessarily compelled to glue my eyes to the screen.

If you don't know who I'm talking about, I'd almost be surprised.

BTW...is it Friday today?

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,461 Posts
It’s snowing quite a bit here and a lot at the house. Leaving the office at 2:30. I better make it home for my 4pm call. I hate stupid people.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,461 Posts
I'm too lazy to dig up the fashion thread... how do we feel about these? I got a Nike hookup. I don't love the swoosh on the toe but digging everything else.

EDIT: never mind. I wear a 10. Was switching colorways and didn't realize the white/blue was out. Dammit. Guess I'll just order some forces.

·
100% stoke-adelic
8,232 Posts
Finally ordered a piston for my two-smoke. 1mm oversized with rings for 60-odd dollars. My bike is pre-1978 so it has different ring design and crank pin offsets which meant I ended up having to order the piston kit from England... once I get it in i just take it and the jug to a local guy who can supposedly punch it out and this coming season I should have my little seventies ringading ripper going! Can't wait to load it in the Ranger next summer and take it for a blast in the firebreak roads around my family's place in Oklahoma.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motorcycle

Such a classic look. What an honest little bike. I managed to get it to kick over and run down the road with just 55psi of compression... imagine what it'll do with a healthy engine!

·
Mufasa in Training
34,332 Posts
I still haven't figured out what lens I want to buy. Current conundrum is whether I'm buying a lens just for me, a lens for the boy (which is a weird way to spend gift money for me, but there actually is a reason to do this), a lens that both of us could use, or some combination. Of course, for each choice, I've got backup choices :ROFLMAO:

Doesn't help that I figured out that a lens combination that everyone told me wouldn't work for hockey seems to work just fine.

17041 - 17060 of 17126 Posts