ClubRoadster.net banner
17121 - 17140 of 18488 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
34,673 Posts
Why would you be ashamed to admit that? It’s OK to like nice things
It was meant to be somewhat tongue in cheek. I'm not actually ashamed, of course. I grew up pretty blue collar (I lived in one of only two two-story houses in my neighborhood), so my mentality is still built around that.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,513 Posts
It’ll blow your mind that my car has a heads up display that shows speed limit, speed, and HU functions (e.g. radio (song name, album art, etc.), navigation, phone info, etc).

·
Resident BMW Apologist
3,317 Posts
It was meant to be somewhat tongue in cheek. I'm not actually ashamed, of course. I grew up pretty blue collar (I lived in one of only two two-story houses in my neighborhood), so my mentality is still built around that.
In what way though? Like you’re concerned about how others might perceive you if you drive a “luxury” car?

·
11,513 Posts
Cooled seats and radar cruise are the modern car features I desire the most. I'm a sweaty boy and radar cruise is unmatched for roadtrip convenience on the highway.
My gfs car has radar cruise. It’s good, but sometimes annoying at how conservative it is. Also annoying when it leaves enough gap for somebody to cut you off, so you down, gap forms again, get cut off again, etc.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,577 Posts
In what way though? Like you’re concerned about how others might perceive you if you drive a “luxury” car?
I want others to see me flossing on these hoes.

I'm just at a point where I feel like I should drive what I want. I'm also at a point where I don't know what I want.
My gfs car has radar cruise. It’s good, but sometimes annoying at how conservative it is. Also annoying when it leaves enough gap for somebody to cut you off, so you down, gap forms again, get cut off again, etc.
What car? I'm shopping a bit and real world reviews on adaptive or radar cruise really matter to me.

Ideal car is fun to drive, all the creature comforts, and decent MPG (in the 28mpg range). If there was something that also had some ground clearance and gave me all the confidence then I'd probably replace the cx5 and the 4Runner. Maybe I should rethink it all, buy a hybrid, and a nicer truck. Blergh.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,673 Posts
It’ll blow your mind that my car has a heads up display that shows speed limit, speed, and HU functions (e.g. radio (song name, album art, etc.), navigation, phone info, etc).
Both the Odyssey and Miata have factory and aftermarket Android Auto-compatible head units, respectively. I've come to appreciate that.
I honestly don't know. Guess it was just something I didn't think I'd ever really want or be comfortable having.

·
11,513 Posts
I want others to see me flossing on these hoes.

I'm just at a point where I feel like I should drive what I want. I'm also at a point where I don't know what I want.

What car? I'm shopping a bit and real world reviews on adaptive or radar cruise really matter to me.

Ideal car is fun to drive, all the creature comforts, and decent MPG (in the 28mpg range). If there was something that also had some ground clearance and gave me all the confidence then I'd probably replace the cx5 and the 4Runner. Maybe I should rethink it all, buy a hybrid, and a nicer truck. Blergh.
VW Tiguan. Frankly it’s underpowered and has typical VW “character” (read: gremlins) so I wouldn’t recommend.

Perhaps the VW Atlas might be good? I’m hard-pressed to consider VW anything after the Tiguan, but it’s the only VW I’ve ever owned, so hard to close that door.

EDIT: Consider that the VW and BMW are my first german cars, and one of those vehicles is so much better than the other that it’s maybe not fair to compare them.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,577 Posts
I feel ya. Today was about 5 hours of comparing a dozen or so spreadsheets and PPTs to put dates in another deck and once that’s done I’ll have to push them to another. The best part is formatting is so fucked I can’t use lookups, indexing, or anything else to make it easy. Lots of filter, fill, kill myself, format, repeat.

·
11,513 Posts
That sounds miserable, and yet somehow a dream compared to my January so far. I’ve had 6+ hours of meetings per day, every day this week. I’ve spent no less than 12 hours logged in, every day this week. The two prior weeks this month weren’t any better.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Sounds terribad.

I got thrown to the wolves with a first assignment I have no idea how to do and software I have never used. Trying to figure that out has kinda sucked. I should really be wrapping it up tomorrow.. but I'm not positive that'll happen. Fingers crossed.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,673 Posts
Little dude turned up positive for COVID today. He seems to be fine, but the worst part (for now) is that we had Suite seats tomorrow for the Penguins/Bluejackets game. Poor guy was literally sobbing when he found out we weren't going. Heartbreaking :(

·
Mufasa in Training
34,673 Posts
Bummer but there will be more games. Hopefully it's quick and no one else in the family gets it.
We're two for four on Penguins/Jackets games.
  1. His first ever Penguins game was a complete surprise about three years ago. We did a guys' trip after his first hockey season, ostensibly to pick him up a new helmet and visit LegoLand. I didn't tell him why we had REALLY come to Columbus until we were on our way to the arena. I'll never forget the smile on his face.
  2. In 2020 the game was cancelled as the first pandemic lockdown hit. It was cancelled the day before we were supposed to drive up.
  3. In 2021, the Bluejackets not only switched divisions out of the Metro (due to COVID travel protocols), but fans were not allowed in the arena. We went to the first game where they had fans in the house, but it was against the Blackhawks.
  4. This season, we unfortunately missed tomorrow's game.
Thanks to my wife's suggestion, it looks like he and I are going to the second Pens/Jackets game on my birthday. Booking arrangements now 😁

·
(⌐■_■)
2,471 Posts
Sounds terribad.

I got thrown to the wolves with a first assignment I have no idea how to do and software I have never used. Trying to figure that out has kinda sucked. I should really be wrapping it up tomorrow.. but I'm not positive that'll happen. Fingers crossed.
This is going to be me soon I think - Interviewing with the CFO of the company I work for next week to be employee #1 in an organization that doesn't currently exist (and doesn't have a leader yet).

Of course, I already have the job in my mind so I've checked out mentally from my current role... No bueno lol

·
1000% Jake
5,376 Posts
@deprogram: you'd mentioned long primes. I forgot Yongnuo makes a couple very inexpensive ones. There's also this one. Also curious about the Tokina stuff as I've wanted an excuse to have a screw-drive lens. For $80, this one has me intrigued.
Man those cheap 100/85mm Yongnuo stuff is fascinating. I would at least want to try it.

That Tokina 400 has a grade of 'ugly' which is hilarious and awesome. I bet you can find a cheap 3 or 400mm used prime on eBay. I feel like b&h used to sell used lenses but it's been a while since I looked.

17121 - 17140 of 18488 Posts