ClubRoadster.net banner
18861 - 18880 of 19065 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Todays thoughts? Buy truck. Sell miata to put cash towards camper. I like the miata. The miata brings me joy when I drive it. But I only drive it a couple times a week to run out to grab lunch. Why? See signature.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,636 Posts
We suffer from a preponderance of Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Project Managers, Team Managers, etc.
Don’t attack us because you can’t manage to figure out how to spend your time.
Good Lord, you couldn't pay me enough to take his job. If anything, it's a chance to jump ship for a completely different department or another company.
Haha. You won’t.

This message is an unnecessary, albeit accurate, attack on bryan. Sry.

I played golf poorly but beat my cousins so that’s all that matters. And it’s a lot better than working.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,804 Posts
Don’t attack us because you can’t manage to figure out how to spend your time.
The way it's done around here, it's amazing how much people try to look busy to justify a position that clearly does not need to exist. Just my read on it. Maybe it works better somewhere else, but implementation at KR left something to be desired.
Haha. You won’t.

This message is an unnecessary, albeit accurate, attack on bryan. Sry.
Maybe. Maybe not. Not to sound all dramatic, but it wasn't until today that I'd really said it out loud. That's saying something. Even told my soon-to-be former manager (who I actually like and respect) that it's time I start looking for an exit, too. Like I said, I've never actually discussed that sort of thing with anyone, so I guess my mind's made up. Just a matter of how long it takes me to move.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,183 Posts
I feel like I'm in a Jake decision moment.

Been shopping for a sporty car. I'd like a roadster, but I'd also like something with a rear cabin (hatch) or backseat so I can fit my dog. Two 4 seat convertibles that I can think of - Porsche C4S cabrio and Maserati Gran Turismo S. Not a fan of Maserati and the 991.1/2 C4S is going to run me mid 90s or higher. I don't like the C4S that much.

Had decided to just get an F-Type V8S (rwd convertible) for less than 50k. $5k of boltons and I'm at 680hp with glorious noises and a relatively reliable powertrain. Doesn't have space for the dog if I have a passenger, but at this point it was buy a coupe with space for dog or buy a roadster, I couldn't have the best of both worlds.

Then this week I hear a rev of a v8 engine and look up and see a slammed E93 M3 going down the street. Ughhhhh, yes. 8300rpm v8 with one of the best v8 sounds out there. Seats 4 anddddd it's an appreciating asset. Would run me about $35k for a 40k mile example with stick shift. And it has a retracting hardtop which means I can use bike racks. Every box checked.............except I'm going to have to look forward towards thousands of dollars of maintenance several times during ownership. I'm seriously contemplating, though. Just the thought of having 2 kids and the dog in the car while we cruise topless is delighting.

·
100% stoke-adelic
8,407 Posts
I'm sure it's a bit too plebian compared to an F-Type or C4S, but what about a convertible Mustang GT? 680hp isn't gonna happen without quite a bit of fettering but it's a pretty painless ownership experience and you can get plenty of niceties like heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, etc. and the aftermarket is basically infinite.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,598 Posts
Or Supra / Z4 M40i. 400bhp and 0-60 in ~3.9s. The B58 tunes well, however DME changed for 06/2020 (I believe) and is not yet unlocked*, so 2021+ MY cannot yet be tuned*. Mission Performance is working on it.

*Femtoevo unlocked it, but it requires you sending your DME to Russia or Norway (or somewhere up there), at your own risk, for ~$2k unlock.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,183 Posts
but what about a convertible Mustang GT?
Pnly stang I would get is a gt350, but i cant do mustang interiors.

Or Supra / Z4 M40i. 400bhp and 0-60 in ~3.9s. The B58 tunes well, however DME changed for 06/2020 (I believe) and is not yet unlocked*, so 2021+ MY cannot yet be tuned*. Mission Performance is working on it.

*Femtoevo unlocked it, but it requires you sending your DME to Russia or Norway (or somewhere up there), at your own risk, for ~$2k unlock.
Supra is on my list of options for coupe. Cheapest out of my options and new with warranty. Id really like to have a vert again tho. Maybe once I have a gladiator where I have a family sized open air truck, my urge for a convertible will disappear but thats another 2 years down the road.

Immediately: Boxster GTS 4.0 at 80k (felt underwhelmed by porsche tone and 2nd gear being so long), F Type S from 40-50k, E93 m3 for $35k and only one with backseat. Car will be mostly used when I have at least 1 kid and 1 dog with me. Being able to fit 2 kids would be more practical.

I'm thinkn sell convertible once I get truck and then get a coupe.

Dog in ftype for motivation
Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
100% stoke-adelic
8,407 Posts
tfw the mustang interior is like a whole new world of luxury compared to the **** I'm used to.

Speaking of shitboxes: My one reliable car fucking went nuclear on me today and the Honda overheated. Doesn't seem to be any damage and I can't get it to do it again nor can I find any reason it did it in the first place. Not low on coolant, both E-fans were working... maybe the thermostat is iffy? I dunno. Not terribly confidence inspiring though, and parts to fix the BMW are somewhere in shipping purgatory. Yay.

Yeaaaa, but its sorta ugly. Same for the M2 and M4. Love the coupe, hate the cabriolet.
My god I hate how the current gen Z4 looks. Looks like a 2 series gran coupe front end slapped on a Mercedes SL. Horrid. Didn't really love how the Supra drives either. The M240i is a way better B58-based coupe, with rear seats to boot. And IMO it looks better than the Supra or the Z4.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Love it.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,183 Posts
The cool thing about having a rear hatch (or fastback?) to lift up is, your dog can jump in from the back, and you can fold down back row seats if any. The Honda CTR is amazing for that reason. Im so glad it wasnt just a trunk but an actual hatch.

And my wifes is250 did the same thing overheated fkr no reason. Lexus couldnt tell me after I paid them $500 to diagnose. Their best guess was a water pump starting to go bad. Ended up just buying an entirely new cooling system from water pump to radiator so i didnt have to second guess

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,183 Posts
E92 are in that awkward phase where a lowish mileage one might run you 30k or it might run you 70k. This just just like how NSX and MK4 Suora were before they all jumped to 70k.

$30k and stick shift. Its almost beater territory pricing. And will probably appreciate a minimum of 10k within 2 years. Looks good with top down or up.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
2,913 Posts
Someone in the training center tested positive for Covid on Monday. Good news is we have the week off. Bad news is we have to make it up and now I am in Delaware until 7/8 instead of 7/1.

I golfed yesterday at a little 9 hole par 3 that was surprisingly fun. I am probably going back there tomorrow morning (today was a rainout) and looking for a real course for Saturday.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,804 Posts
Man, an M2 would be like a perfect one-car setup for me. It's the perfect size, IMHO.

In other news, anniversary date went well. Got the wife to try on several fancy dresses :)

18861 - 18880 of 19065 Posts