ClubRoadster.net banner
19641 - 19660 of 20381 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
35,137 Posts
Clutch adjustment is just a nut and rod between the pedal and primary cylinder, quick and easy dude. Also I am assuming your primary and secondary clutch cylinders were new? One symptom of them going back is incomplete disengagement when hot, in my experience. I did the secondary cylinder in the driveway at the gap, the primary still needs to be done as holding it down will allow it to slowly engage again as it leaks passed the seals internally. I should maybe do that before Sebring next weekend..
I know about the adjustment rod. The shop that screwed up the job (there was a whole tirade about this) had adjusted it all the way out the last time they were in there. You could barely see any of the threads on the rod engaged! This caused the hot disengagement you're talking about. Adjusting the rod back in a bit solved that problem, but there's still the AC rattle that I can't solve. I suspect I probably need to adjust it more but at this point, I'm a bit nervous about it as it otherwise works great.
Bryan your car should still have an idle adjustment screw? Otherwise replace your air filter for a tiny bit more flow, unless it's brand new.
I'm curious what you think that would solve. Not trying to be flippant, but I don't think idle is dropping when AC is engaged.
Sorry about your clutch issues, but I have to say based on my experience it's almost impossible to destroy these engines. I even put way more power than you're supposed to through a five speed, nothing. Even the ones I've broken come apart looking pristine, with a single pretzel rod.
At this point, I highly doubt the engine's in any real danger (knock on wood). Fuel economy is as good if not better than it's ever been. Just not sure about the transmission/clutch/AC issue and a bit leery of the whole thing coming undone at the worst time. Nearly getting stranded over an hour from home with my son the first time made me more than a little nervous. Not to mention nearly all NB transmissions have that infamous 4th gear ringing sound. Don't think anyone's ever figured out why, and it doesn't seem to affect longevity.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,323 Posts
Xida, Ohlins, AST, MCS = all great coilovers. Xida offers more travel than the Ohlins on the miata chassis, so theres that. Are Ohlins tuneable to where you can change spring rates and have them tuned? I thought they were a set it and forget it package.

·
1000% Jake
5,561 Posts
I can't tell if you're saying your idle speed control valve is working, or it's not working. Either way, it can only do so much. If your base idle is too low, it won't be able to open the throttle enough to compensate for increased loads.

But obviously if it's your idle speed control valve then replace that?

·
Mufasa in Training
35,137 Posts
I can't tell if you're saying your idle speed control valve is working, or it's not working. Either way, it can only do so much. If your base idle is too low, it won't be able to open the throttle enough to compensate for increased loads.

But obviously if it's your idle speed control valve then replace that?
I need to check how much idle drops when AC is on, but I don't think it does. It just sounds like a diesel when the AC is engaged at idle. Second I put my foot down on the clutch pedal, it goes away.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Weird and highly truncated story, but Sunday night at tapoco the weekend before MATG with Ben and Coop, a girl who absolutely belongs in your Friday posts was eating at the table next to us. Sheeeeeesh. Unbelievably pretty. She chatted us up for a bit before she left. There's a woman I will not forget.

I just watched a video in the fb group of someone who alllllmost crashed their car on the dragon, making all of the rookie mistakes. Kinda painful to see. Chasing a faster driver, driving way above their head, turning in too early because they're nervous, unable to correct their line, woof. You really do hate to see it. Zero percent the event's fault obviously, people need to drive within their limits.

·
Mufasa in Training
35,137 Posts
Weird and highly truncated story, but Sunday night at tapoco the weekend before MATG with Ben and Coop, a girl who absolutely belongs in your Friday posts was eating at the table next to us. Sheeeeeesh. Unbelievably pretty. She chatted us up for a bit before she left. There's a woman I will not forget.
Wonder if I know her, lol

(If she's been to the event any time in the last decade, there's a better than average chance I'd recognize her, if not know her by name)

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
And now for random ramblings from Tekel.

Decided on just sending the miata. Don't want to spend the money on a rebuild and don't have it right now anyways. I drained the fresh oil and ran a magnet through it. Magnet came out clean. Drove it for the first time since I found the squirters. Oil pressure was fine. No new noises. Did several full boost pulls. Runs good. But my tune still needs some work. Maybe I pull it this winter? I've got an oil leak on the front of the motor I need to chase down anyways. Not bad. Maybe a teaspoon worth drips after a drive.

In daily driver news, I've got it narrowed down to a new Tundra or Gladiator. Leaning towards Tundra for the overall comfort. Local lot has what I'm looking for on order. But could be as late as October before it arrives. Found a gladiator with almost everything I want just 2hrs away. Its just missing adaptive cruise. Which old me has come to love for road trips.

Also, pretty much missed talking to anyone at MATG. Rain put a damper on being out and about.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Wonder if I know her, lol

(If she's been to the event any time in the last decade, there's a better than average chance I'd recognize her, if not know her by name)
Full disclosure, I actually ended up with her instagram. You don't know her, she's not a miata person and wasn't in town for the event. Prolly never see her again (and I am married, so that's how that should be lol), but sheesh, an unreal woman. Talented photographer. She's an art director, apparently. Traveling to Spain and working remotely, I guess? Very cool stuff.

·
Mufasa in Training
35,137 Posts
lol...I know how you feel. One of my favorite stories to drag out every once in a while is how as an intern I forgot my own name upon looking my boss's boss's daughter in the face for the first time. She was striking. Only time we ever met, and probably just as well.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Haha I will say that the few minutes we talked were the only moments in the weeks I was there where I felt like I did not know what to say. I can't have embarrassed myself too badly because she did let me follow her so that's something I guess. I'm hoping she posts some rad travel stuff. I am super jealous of her work life.

Working remotely from a cafe in France or something has always been an attractive thought for me. Just not possible with my wife's path, for now at least.

19641 - 19660 of 20381 Posts