ClubRoadster.net banner
19661 - 19680 of 20418 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Working remotely from a cafe in France or something has always been an attractive thought for me. Just not possible with my wife's path, for now at least.
After visiting SE Asia, I would so be a ex-pat there. But at the time when I could have done that, remote work wasn't a thing. But there is that time in college where I almost dropped out to work at Gucci in Guam.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Eric it sounds like time for you to ditch the zero and get a hero! Do it!

Just bought tickets for Shakey Graves in a couple weeks. Pretty excited to see him and attend another red rocks show.
lol jesus dude.

Shakey Graves fucks. Make sure you do meth when you're there though.

·
1000% Jake
5,564 Posts
I need to check how much idle drops when AC is on, but I don't think it does. It just sounds like a diesel when the AC is engaged at idle. Second I put my foot down on the clutch pedal, it goes away.
Ok, I legit have no idea what is going on there. Having no AC suddenly seems like a good choice on my part. It was so hot on Sunday tho, I was definitely questioning my life choices.

Happy Friday to you too.

·
Super Moderator
2,930 Posts
I'm picking up my ice skates tomorrow and hoping everything is good on them. I'm not really worried because the guy that did the repairs is THE guy in Pittsburgh according to almost everyone, but I've got that little Bryan voice in the back of my head lol.

I got new holders on both skates and new Step Steel Black blades. $240 for the whole job. Luckily when I bought these skates I got them on crazy clearance at $190 for $800 skates, so I'm still way ahead of buying a new pair of skates at the performance level I'd want. Another bonus is I won't have to break in new boots. I'm hoping I can find time to do an open skate before my next game to get used to the new blades.

·
Mufasa in Training
35,145 Posts
I'm picking up my ice skates tomorrow and hoping everything is good on them. I'm not really worried because the guy that did the repairs is THE guy in Pittsburgh according to almost everyone, but I've got that little Bryan voice in the back of my head lol.
Oh man, I'm sorry :ROFLMAO:

·
1000% Jake
5,564 Posts
NCs are fun. They don't have an idle air control valve AFIAK, they just use the electronic throttle body to manage the idle speed. The issue is that this means they are SUPER sensitive to dirty throttles.
Right, yes, every manufacturer was super excited to drop the ISC and crazy Rube Goldberg cruise control systems for the e throttle, and I'm sure Mazda was too. Certainly it's a lot lighter.

It's great, until it freaks out because of a bad sensor or connector.

·
100% stoke-adelic
8,539 Posts
Right, yes, every manufacturer was super excited to drop the ISC and crazy Rube Goldberg cruise control systems for the e throttle, and I'm sure Mazda was too. Certainly it's a lot lighter.

It's great, until it freaks out because of a bad sensor or connector.
the BMW has a computer controlled throttle but retains an idle control motor. Interesting approach.

screaming

·
1000% Jake
5,564 Posts
I want that stupid thing.

In stupid thing news, the Range Rover needed a crank angle sensor and a complete cooling system overhaul. I decided to keep it. I'm doing the radiator myself to save about $1000 in labor/parts. Eh. It'll make a good fourth/fifth/sixth car. Every time I need to tow the racecar or go buy some drugs...

19661 - 19680 of 20418 Posts