ClubRoadster.net banner

RT X: Mission Around Mars

347K views 24K replies 43 participants last post by  100percentjake 
#1 ·
Ask and ye shall receive.

#4,089 ·
Went on a short 5 mile ride yesterday to sus out what issues need fixed on my dirt cheap Ninja.

Functionality-wise it's just ignition/fuel lid, air filter/cover, brake rearset, and a chain.

Appearance-wise I need a headlight, turn signals, fender eliminator kit (currently the fender is eliminated but there's nowhere to attach a license plate), and bar-end mirrors (the holes on the hand controls for mirrors are not tapped; the mirrors on there are poorly JB welded in place).

Not bad. Should be a fun little streetfighter when I'm done with it.

#4,092 ·
Well, as of about an hour ago I am officially homeless. Signed the papers and gave the keys to the new girl who bought it. What a weird mix of joy and sadness all at the same time.
What's the plan moving forward?

#4,094 ·
Nice. That reminds me: I should see what mfg is on the OEM throwout bearing I've got sitting in the garage. I'm planning on ordering a Timken (a hometown company for yours truly, btw) anyway, but it'd be nice to know.

Also: if you're bored, Mike, I've got a pile of A-Arms I need to put on as well as those tophats. Also have motor mounts from Andy to exchange with the V8R's currently on the car. I'm definitely farming out the clutch work. I've done two without a lift, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

#4,096 ·
Well... my MMD order is all here and inventoried. Some people mentioned concerns with their packing but it was fine. Rock Auto order is sitting down in Fife which is like an hour away. Who uses FedEx anyway? And the final pieces... all of the spray paint... are still waiting on Amazon to ship. They're terrible these days. I get that volume is up and resources are down but I still reserve my right to complain about it.

Need to hit the store and pick up weekend beverages. Who wants to bet they're all out of White Claws??

#4,097 ·
Also: if you're bored, Mike, I've got a pile of A-Arms I need to put on as well as those tophats. Also have motor mounts from Andy to exchange with the V8R's currently on the car. I'm definitely farming out the clutch work. I've done two without a lift, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
I'm not saying no, but have a little over a week left (tentatively) so need to make sure I address stuff here at home.

FedEx sucks. They had one of my orders here and held onto it for another day because that was what was paid for. Fuckers. Problem I had with MMD was with a cowl piece, long and they didn't put any sort of reinforcement in the box. Anything else has been fine (albeit shipping costs were high).

Queen of all she surveys:

All tuckered out:

She is very comfortable here now. Chases after the other Chis, only one of whom might deign to play. The oldest female scurries away with the pup following, looking nervously over her shoulder the whole time. Pup likes to chew on the Lab's tail, the Lab suffers it for a bit then moves away. Pup runs like hell around the rooms here, she's pretty quick. Likes licking toes then munching on them.

Just got done stuffing myself on a ribeye that I grilled, and the half of the wife's she didn't eat. Tasted amazingly well. I have to get that in because the food we get on the ship is not usually top quality, and depending upon the steward department it might be made worse before serving.

#4,098 ·
I'm not saying no, but have a little over a week left (tentatively) so need to make sure I address stuff here at home.
No worries. I need to take the car around the block at some point (it's been started), but with the clutch situation somewhat unknown...well, you know me.