ClubRoadster.net banner

RT X: Mission Around Mars

347K views 24K replies 43 participants last post by  100percentjake 
#1 ·
Ask and ye shall receive.

#13,222 ·
What keyboard do you have, and what do you hate about it?

Frankly, it’d drive me insane to listen to myself type on a mechanical keyboard all day...
I presently have a das keyboard 4 and the Cherry mx browns are too loud for my taste. Did some research and found the quietest switch that can be had these days while being tactile. I think I found just the switch.

I’m not crazy about my current key caps and in researching nicer ones I found some that use the same shape as older ibm keyboards from the 80s that for lack of a better word hug your fingers better so I’m exited to try them out.

Also my current keyboard doesn’t have hot swappable switches so I needed a new board to try different switches.

#13,223 ·
TIL that the internet is divided as to whether or not there's such a thing as "mild" electrocution.

I didn't die, this is true.

I did get shocked and took out the power to 2410 customers according to Duke Energy, so whatever the term for that is.
So, what voltage were you zapped with? I find it amusing that Duke can tell to the tens how many people were affected. In any case, glad you are ok.

The drunk in your yard must have been fun. I can see how it could happen (kind of, since you live on a straight).

I am watching the whole of Agents of Shield. Getting to watch a show I like, with the bonus of pissing off the wife (I regard it as payback for all the reality shows of hers I have had to sit through).

#13,225 ·
yep, I hate taking time off for that reason - so often, the work doesn’t get done while you’re gone so really you’re just delaying getting your own work done, which ends up in firedrills.

plus, just sorting through and filing all the email is such a pain. for awhile there, i was averaging 120-150 emails per day... miserable.
I had my in-laws in town for a week while the kids were on spring break. Trying to work from home in that environment would've been a nightmare.

#13,228 ·
So, what voltage were you zapped with? I find it amusing that Duke can tell to the tens how many people were affected. In any case, glad you are ok.

The drunk in your yard must have been fun. I can see how it could happen (kind of, since you live on a straight).

I am watching the whole of Agents of Shield. Getting to watch a show I like, with the bonus of pissing off the wife (I regard it as payback for all the reality shows of hers I have had to sit through).
We've got them there smart meters here. :LOL:
It was just normal 110/120 whatever. It honestly didn't hurt THAT bad, so who knows. Definitely was the cause of the grid going out though. I have two witnesses. :p

#13,230 ·
We've got them there smart meters here. :LOL:
It was just normal 110/120 whatever. It honestly didn't hurt THAT bad, so who knows. Definitely was the cause of the grid going out though. I have two witnesses. :p
I honestly can't imagine what you did for you to cause multiple outages on 120. The breaker in your box should have tripped before it fed upline.

Yeah, 120 should just give you a tingle, unless you are standing in water.

#13,231 ·
I presently have a das keyboard 4 and the Cherry mx browns are too loud for my taste. Did some research and found the quietest switch that can be had these days while being tactile. I think I found just the switch.

I’m not crazy about my current key caps and in researching nicer ones I found some that use the same shape as older ibm keyboards from the 80s that for lack of a better word hug your fingers better so I’m exited to try them out.

Also my current keyboard doesn’t have hot swappable switches so I needed a new board to try different switches.
You spend a lot of time thinking about keyboards.

#13,233 ·
My grandparents had bird feeders. On the deck railing by them was some bare wire that was run four times across the 2x4 and then jammed in an extension cord to, er, dissuade squirrels from getting at the bird feeders. Of course, 12 year old me was almost as spacey as 25 year old me and while watching the birds I bodily plunked my arms right down onto that deck rail across all of the wires. Quite the buzz.

#13,234 ·
You spend a lot of time thinking about keyboards.
Now that I am typing more daily at work I’ve noticed my current keyboard was bothering me.

#13,237 ·
First offer on the house came in last night. From my realtor: First of many - I will prepare a spread sheet as well to make it easier to compare.

Stay tuned. Another agent has already texted me this AM and said her clients are ready to win.

I’ll take this as a good sign. Time to get this bread, lol.

#13,239 ·
I have a Keychron K1 slim because it comes with mac keycaps. I dig it. Has "gateron low profile blue" switches. Fairly clicky, not as loud as a Model M but also significantly lighter key actuation.

Niggles: it doesn't have any way to tilt the keyboard. I ended up 3d printing some stands that work just fine, but mildly annoying.

Pro: USB-C or bluetooth. I can plug it in to my mac, or flip two switches to change it from mac to windows mode, and from wired to wireless, and go play games in the living room with it.

#13,240 · (Edited)
Shouldn’t be tilting your keyboard anyway...

Ive used a logitech k850 keyboard for the last 5 years or so, and can’t say anything bad about it - for general business use. Huge deal to have a built in wrist rest to keep you in proper position, and I wouldn’t consider any keyboard without it.