ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i find these? runabout doesnt have a website that i know of. i only know of one site that has them advertised. but im not sure of how to order from them. here is the site if anyone can help.http://www.pitinn.co.jp/rs-ohmiyakita/

if there is any info anyone can give me, please do. i really like these mirrors. thanks a lot.

heres a pic:

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
tuned, those must be an earlier version. I can't quite make out what it says but mine do not have the sticker that yours have. It seems that many of the older used Runabouts from Japan have the patina that yours do. I think that only newer ones received chrome plated bases. Everything should polish up real nice if you wanted to make them bright again. I also think they'd look cool with the mellow, worn finish that's on them right now.

·
Registered
229 Posts
They say (according to my translated auction sheet)

"M2 and MS yes falling down system"

I'm guessing that the runabouts are a reproduction of an m2 style and I'm thinking that I have a set off an m2 1002... that's what I'm hoping at least. :)

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
where can i find these? runabout doesnt have a website that i know of.
Where are you located? It would be helpful if you could fill in your location profile. If you are in the USA I suggest either Metro Motorsports or RSpeed. Both of them often have a pair in stock although I've heard rumor that this item will soon be discontinued so get them now if you want them bad before they're gone forever. The same is true for many other NA Roadster parts. As the NC aftermarket develops and time marches on there will be fewer and fewer NA parts left and rare parts will be even harder to find as the market dries up. I am sorely disappointed that I missed the GB on the GV tail lights as I've always wanted them and fear that I might never get them now. And yes, Runabout does not have a website. Instead they place full-page ads in Road&Ster. They do have a telephone/fax number but I'm not sure if they sell internationally to folks who can't speak Japanese.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I'm guessing that the runabouts are a reproduction of an m2 style and I'm thinking that I have a set off an m2 1002... that's what I'm hoping at least. :)
Yes, the Runabouts are a reproduction of the original M2-1001 style mirror since M2 only ever made a few hundred of them. They were fitted to original M2-1001 and M2-1002 (and perhaps Tokyo Limited?) cars and I'm sure they kept some spares for parts sales to M2 owners only. I hope that you've found some original M2 mirrors as originals are highly sought after and very valuable collectibles! I can't be certain but I thought that M2-1001 mirrors also had M2, Inc. cast into their bases. I know for sure that M2-1028 mirrors are custom painted Vitaloni Sebrings with custom bases molded with M2, Incorporated logo.

·
Registered
229 Posts
We shall see... if they are runabouts I won't be too upset based on price paid. If they're original m2s I'll do a little happy dance.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Yes, the Runabouts are a reproduction of the original M2-1001 style mirror since M2 only ever made a few hundred of them. They were fitted to original M2-1001 and M2-1002 (and perhaps Tokyo Limited?) cars and I'm sure they kept some spares for parts sales to M2 owners only. I hope that you've found some original M2 mirrors as originals are highly sought after and very valuable collectibles! I can't be certain but I thought that M2-1001 mirrors also had M2, Inc. cast into their bases. I know for sure that M2-1028 mirrors are custom painted Vitaloni Sebrings with custom bases molded with M2, Incorporated logo.
M2 bullet mirrors have no external markings. These mirrors were also an optional extra on early Roadsters, at least according to some UK Mazda dealers who have looked into this. Note, though; on M2 cars, the mountings were offset, with the holes on the left hand door covered by the chassis numbering plate.

Tokyo Limited had normal mirrors.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
fill in your location profile,

or tell us where you are located at, this is an international forum of Roadster/MX5/Miata owners, im sure a member in your area can point you to the closest tuner near you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts