ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ガラーズ・フ&#
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've just recently got this NA for $500-$600. The intention was to either part it out or build a track car/demo car for our products. After further inspection I'm still not sure if I want to save it or part it out. But the rust is not that bad for the price, so I'll probably build it into a track dedicated car since I can't legaly run this car.

It's a 1990(?) NA6, no power steering, no A/C, no power windows. The engine was rebuilt recently due to bad head gasket and the previous owner did not pay the guy for the work, so he sold it to me. The interior is shot because of the damaged top. Paint is faded but I don't really care about this. Two shocks are gone, one front and one rear, but I have a whole 10AE suspension that's going to replace those. Brakes are gone too, but I have them spare as well. Both front wings are brand new.

Right now I'm selling stuff I won't need like the TWR speedster deck, interior etc. to get back what I paid for it.

The plan right now is to shed as much weight as possible, get better exhaust and probably IRTBs or carbs.

·
ガラーズ・フ&#
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mean what G5 makes? gauge rings(both trim and independent for now, but there are much more things to be done in the future like strut braces, carbon parts etc.)

·
ガラーズ・フ&#
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, I'll start selling stuff here once I get both NA and NB version ready

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Tonneau cover is sweet but that is a heap of rust. Good luck with the project tho.

·
ガラーズ・フ&#
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, I'll try and do my best!

I like the steering wheel that's on that car...DO WANT.
If you really want it, let me know... I have spare hub and steering wheel I can use

·
ガラーズ・フ&#
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
small update, I've managed to revive the old battery that came with the car (note that it stood for over a year in the PO's front yard without getting started or charged) and the car runs!

I thought I'd try to do the same thing stormin' does with Lazarus and try to gather donations for the car from our local community... I'd now better that the locals are bunch of curmudgeons lol

·
fender gap is the enemy
2,103 Posts
good luck, george! seems like a handful (for us lazy americans). cant wait to see what you have in store for us!

·
ガラーズ・フ&#
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
another small update, I found out there's a hole in the fuel line under the car so I have to mend this before I can drive the car again, as there's nothing left in the tank... I've also pulled out ~40lbs of junk and unnecessary stuff from trunk...

·
ガラーズ・フ&#
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rusty was too rusty. So i got another one. Please welcome Cookie (the front reminds me of cookie monster, don't ask me why). The damage is not as bad as it seems and I have all the parts I need to make it work.

·
ガラーズ・フ&#
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd trade the finish panel with you, but that's ~$50 just for shipping

1 - 20 of 20 Posts