ClubRoadster.net banner
481 - 500 of 537 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #481 ·
Re: Ryan's 1990 Miata with ITB content...Meow

Bunch of gay stuff happening here

Engine Bay currently with new Billet Aluminum 100mm Velocity Stacks from Steel Dragon Performance and new alternator because I broke the old one

Picked up this Hard Dog DD rollbar from a member

Before:

After:

Haven't driven the car in a while because of the cold, but plan on selling the old rollbar soon, hopefully locally

lates

·
Registered
84 Posts

Inspirational build dude! Your car is beautiful. BEST OF LUCK!!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

This car is so hawtdog! love the subtle engine bay touches!

I still say you should shove some 225/50/15s on the rear though, you need a little more meat!

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts

damn been awhile since I've looked at this. Your car is damn sexy. I need a paint job like yours. My 110mm stacks anodized in gold are coming in the mail soon :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #486 ·

Thanks everybody! 2013 was a good year for the car and a total change is happening in the coming months.

There is going to a bunch of stuff for sale soon, so save up your monies.

Updates to follow

This car is so hawtdog! love the subtle engine bay touches!

I still say you should shove some 225/50/15s on the rear though, you need a little more meat!
I know, I know..I'll be going that route after I use up these tires.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 ·

James is right, lol just have been busy lately with my trip up to Tucson next week.

I have everything purchased now, just need to install everything.

-New Clutch
-Injectors / Fuel Pump
-Both Manifolds

Still gotta figure how to mount the radiator and intercooler, but I'm sure it won't be too bad.

So far I've installed the m-tuned coolant reroute, blocked off the front water neck, purchased Findanza adjustable cam gears (Again), installed a thicker head gasket, and ARP head studs.

So progress may seem slow, but I'm trying to make sure everything this is going smooth

I had a little cover made to go over the freeze plug

But After March 14, I think there will be some quicker updates

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #493 ·

Yeah that's the plan guys, Thanks and I'm sure I'll make my out to Vegas

Here is the last video I had with the ITBs...gonna miss that sound

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts

I know, I know..I'll be going that route after I use up these tires.
Unfortunately there are no good extreme summer tires in that size. RA1 or R888 are the only vaguely streetable tires with good traction, rest are straight up race tires.

Car sure has come a long way, good job. The tails look great.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #497 ·

Yeah the R888s are what I'll probably end up going with after I use up the Rivals. I don't put even close to 8,000 miles a year on the miata so I wouldn't mind the low tread life on the Toyos. But with the Rivals at a whopping 680 miles or so of use it won't be for a while lol.

Thanks man, really happy with how it turned out as well

·
Registered
182 Posts

Selling the ITB's already? The desire for power outweighs the beauty sound of the ITB's. After I went to FI I don't think I'd go back. Your car looks amazing. I don't think I'd go with the R888s for street use. I had them on my NA for DD and they really made me hate my car. They rode like bricks, were loud and pulled everywhere. Not to mention how easily I could hydroplane in a light car in the rain. I'd recommend sticking with the Rivals for street and get a set of R888's mounted on some other wheels for track use.

481 - 500 of 537 Posts