ClubRoadster.net banner
521 - 537 of 537 Posts
Re: Ryan's 1990 Miata with ITB content...Meow

I'm guessing this was you or you have a doppleganger near you... My boss (he's into harleys/classic cars) was in NC this past weekend. He told me today he saw "this badass red Miata with flares and the wheels that fit perfectly... It was like a badass version of a modern day car. You should get flares for yours!" :lol:

Discussion starter · #522 ·

I wish it was mine, but there has been some issues at the shop. Car hasn't been started yet, but the vacuum lines and coolant hoses are completed now. The trackspeed coils (wish I would have got a different set, really unhappy with quality and customer service from them) are installed and wired, but definitely not a "plug n play" for 90-93 like they stated online...

But I come back to North Carolina in August for a wedding and I should have a dyno video and updates by then.

Updates are going to be slow and non-exsistant because I'm moving to Tucson Arizona this Friday.

Hope to have the car in AZ by December

I had an issue like that with mine if you have the AEM. Ended up my coil signal was flipped and was firing wrong. As soon it was fixed, it was cake and everything works great.

Discussion starter · #527 ·

Update: lol okay not really

Ive lived in Tucson for 3 weeks now and my mountain bike was stolen off my second sort balcony at my apartment complex (in the middle of the day), it was a great welcoming to the neighborhood. Lol

As for the car, last little things are getting buttoned up in North Carolina. The tune should be done before ( I say "should be") the last week in August.

I come back to NC for a wedding during that weekend and if everything is done, then I promise to have videos, updates, pictures etc.

Update: lol okay not really

Ive lived in Tucson for 3 weeks now and my mountain bike was stolen off my second sort balcony at my apartment complex (in the middle of the day), it was a great welcoming to the neighborhood. Lol
Orale holmes.

Discussion starter · #534 ·

Unfortunately time was not on my side during these past 3 weeks. The shop was full and deadlines needed to be met. Especially since I have no desire to take this car to Tucson. But I did get to drive it to a gas station to give it some fuel and the car has made great progress.

I'll be back in Charlotte, hopefully, in June and perhaps by then I'll have some great progress to share.

Discussion starter · #536 ·

Hey guys it's been over year since I've visited this site.

@ryancdavis is the instagram name if you care to see more.

I'll post more progress/updates in the next couple of months throughout the summer.

Car is driving, makes roughly 260 whp and is almost finished with the last minute stuff.

Motion Lab Tuning did a great job and I've been too busy in Arizona finishing up my last year of college.

I'm home for the summer and will drive the hell out of this thing as well as install some pieces I've purchased over the years.

Enjoy

--Ryan

Miata May 2016 by Ryan Davis, on Flickr

Miata May 2016 Pass by Ryan Davis, on Flickr

Discussion starter · #537 ·
Necropost Revive lol

Wanted to give an update on what happened to the car and to see if it's still out there somewhere.
Summer 2016 I was driving locally around and found out I had a coolant leak and the car overheated. The thermo that was replaced, didn't work on the dash and I never noticed it until the clouds of smoke from the hood. Pulled over, had it towed and found out I blew the head gasket...YAY. At this point, I was done throwing money at it and sold it to a friend. He fixed it and flipped it - can't remember the price, but it was pretty high.

Anyone know if this thing still exists? It was sold to a guy that was going to school in Western NC.

Post-Miata, I bought a 2017 Toyota Tacoma and did nothing to that and sold it Nov 2020 for 2k less than what I paid for it new - Toyota Tax is awesome....even for a 2wd truck.

Now I'm driving an old G500 from 2002 and enjoying that very much.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Anyways, miss the Miata community and it's wild to see the prices these things are fetching now.

Parts wise I still have a few things in case anyone is interested;

Garage Vary tail light panel with lights

JetStream flush mount headlights

are the biggest items I still have

I'll put together a list of items and test the market. Just thought I'd give the community a chance before I look to eBay and beyond.

Thanks for looking

--Ryan

521 - 537 of 537 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.