ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Now in a White Club
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys & girls,
I am trying to decide on a good supercharger kit, but I dont know which one I should go for.
My Specs that you may need to know: 1995 1.8l, Bosal/Brospeed Header, FM single exhaust, eclutchmasters clutch
My goals are as follows: 220+hp, preferably cold side, upgradability.
Some of the kits I know of that are offered are these:
FM Voodoo Superchargers
Begi Moab Supercharger
FFS Supercharger
Moss MP62

I figure if none of these make that horsepower level, what would be needed to make them have more power? (Begi + stand alone fuel management?, FFS + injectors?, Moss + pulleys? etc...)

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
132 Posts
BEGI MOAB!!!! Its a twin screw, kinda hard to beat the efficiency of the twin screws. Also BEGI has great customer support, and a warranty.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I wouldn't bother with just the Moss, and the Voodoo EMS is fairly limited, the FFS is a great little kit with a proven tract record to get you to 200rwhp out of the box and the BEGi is pretty badass.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'd skip the moss, definately look at the BEGI MOAB as twin screws are just Nice..

But FFS has a great product and great service as well. The FM superchargers are good to since they are sourcing the hardware from Stage One tuning and they are doing their own tuning.

So you have quite a few options.

·
Highly Esteemed Supporter
449 Posts
I know there is used Uber w/ intercooler up in Grand Junction at the moment... :roll:

·
Now in a White Club
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, thanks for the tips. The begi seems like a pretty good choice. Thanks for the tip on the used uber, though im looking about purchasing around august (when i've saved up, haha)

·
Highly Esteemed Supporter
449 Posts
Hmm, thanks for the tips. The begi seems like a pretty good choice. Thanks for the tip on the used uber, though im looking about purchasing around august (when i've saved up, haha)
It'll probably still be there in August. I haven't been very aggressive about selling it, yet. Good luck!

·
3,857 Posts
Hey guys & girls,
I am trying to decide on a good supercharger kit, but I dont know which one I should go for.
My Specs that you may need to know: 1995 1.8l, Bosal/Brospeed Header, FM single exhaust, eclutchmasters clutch
My goals are as follows: 220+hp, preferably cold side, upgradability.
Some of the kits I know of that are offered are these:
FM Voodoo Superchargers
Begi Moab Supercharger
FFS Supercharger
Moss MP62

I figure if none of these make that horsepower level, what would be needed to make them have more power? (Begi + stand alone fuel management?, FFS + injectors?, Moss + pulleys? etc...)

Thanks for your input!
Well there are only two coldside and only one with the advantages of the coldside (short piping - zero lag) it's the FFS unit. (The uber has intercooler that goes around like a snake :) at least the FM edition that I remember).

If you want upgradeability don't get a coldside :)

Seriously I wouldn't... just get an MP62 from FFS which has everything (Big TB, MOSS hi flow manifold and six rib belt!).

·
3,857 Posts
On retrospect if you are short in $$$ the MOSS unit should be more than OK for the beggining and you can start messing around (different pulleys and bigger TB) whenever you have the $$$.
BTW Ask FFS if they can deliver the SC with custom pulleys and get a 126 crank pulley (good for 220wHP)... if you can't get custom pulleys go with moss (since you'll have to change the one way or another to get to the 220 whp goal).

·
Registered
96 Posts
BEGI MOAB or the used uber. 220 easy and that is all I have to say about that.

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Well, when it comes to hotside vs coldside per subject of heat- Wrapping your header with a good heatwrap eliminates 'cooking' the s/c... i would know. Also, briniging in 'lag' issues is useless. Im running a fmic with a m45 and i dont have such issues....

Also, there is another guy in atlanta running a FMIC (my old set up) on his M45 and he'll attest to how much nicer it makes boost feel.

I'd say, FM 62 charger, its a WELL PROVEN design and ability to change pulleys to get a number of configurations.

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Well, when it comes to hotside vs coldside per subject of heat- Wrapping your header with a good heatwrap eliminates 'cooking' the s/c... i would know. Also, briniging in 'lag' issues is useless. Im running a fmic with a m45 and i dont have such issues....

Also, there is another guy in atlanta running a FMIC (my old set up) on his M45 and he'll attest to how much nicer it makes boost feel.

I'd say, FM 62 charger, its a WELL PROVEN design and ability to change pulleys to get a number of configurations.
I had that IC on my car for awhile and it was great... I sold it when I decided to go NA.

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Marty is running a M62 with IC...

I will be running a M45 and upgrading to an IC later down the road....

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Just an FYI... You do not have to change pulleys on the MOAB to change boost. :)
how so? How is it possable to change boost of a s/c without changing the pulley? I know you can 'bleed' boost off to lower it.... but that still means the s/c is making xxpsi without any controls and it would take changing a pulley to change that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
BY bleeding it off you are changin PSI. You just keep the 15psi pully on and bleed it form 1-15 PSI. the motor is only seeing what you want it to.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts