ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think ive read alot between the difference of the two and i kind of have the basics down and the major differences, but im really torn on which to go with. and which would have more potential in the long run....it such a huge topic to tackle, but could someone produce a pros cons list on the 2 ?

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
I feel that a supercharger is better off the bat, and they still can put out good power, but if your going for BIG power turbo is the way to go.

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
you can buy a greddy or piece together a set up for a grand or less, but you can also pick up a used jackson pretty affordably, If you decide to go greddy though, you might end up replacing almost the entire set up though in the long run

·
Registered
95 Posts
there's a reason Porsches all turboed.
Not on the aftermarket / tuning scene. Have you seen the sexy as hell supercharged RUF RK Coupé?
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=4068

[edit to get back on topic:]

forced induction is usually expensive to obtain, a lot of work to install, drives up your maintenance costs, and totally changes the character of a miata. i really like the throttle response and the way my n/a na builds revs, but i also love the extra torque and rush of power i feel in my turbo nb.

i have yet to drive a s/c miata, but i think that having power *everywhere* in the rev band would change the character of the car even more than the turbo does.

is that something you'd enjoy? drive one and see ;)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, isn't a greddy turbo kit engineered for a miata...i mean i didnt engineer it but it was made to run 5-6psi on a stock miata.

maybe the tuning is a bit complicated if you decide to push more the 6 psi. but it is still an engineered kit for a miata.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,064 Posts
well, isn't a greddy turbo kit engineered for a miata...i mean i didnt engineer it but it was made to run 5-6psi on a stock miata.

maybe the tuning is a bit complicated if you decide to push more the 6 psi. but it is still an engineered kit for a miata.
The Greddy has been pushed past that, even on the stock ECU. It's possible, though there are much better turbo kits out there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
good call. there are f/i miatas at lots of track days and videos of them on youtube and streetfire. and although my turbo has only been on track at road atlanta for spectating laps (track days are what my na beater is for), it's spent hours being flogged with the porsche club in the hills of north georgia and would certainly be up to the task.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
my friend told me he has not seen an aftermarket set-up well enough to track. you needs might be differen't.
Im with Bryan on this, where is your friend looking? there are loads of FI setups that are more than track worthy... go check out miataturbo.net

1 - 14 of 14 Posts