ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also, look at the tread widths for each. The 195 BFG actually has a wider tread width than the 205 S. Drive. I am going to replace my S. Drives with them once they wear out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I made this switch, its too early to make a call for sure, but the comp 2 feels like a vastly harder compound (to the "finger rubbing" test). Would the mould non-stick compound still be on the tire after a 500 mile drive?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 195 BFG actually has a wider tread width than the 205 S. Drive. I am going to replace my S. Drives with them once they wear out.
It's a full 1/2" wider, even in the smaller size! BFG tests better in every category too. I do like my S Drives, but I see no reason to go back to them when they wear out.

What is the catch here?

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's a full 1/2" wider, even in the smaller size! BFG tests better in every category too. I do like my S Drives, but I see no reason to go back to them when they wear out.

What is the catch here?
S drives are $70, BFG are $110. Unless you're chasing lap times and dont want to run r comps, you'd be happy with the S drives and a little money in your pocket.

Disclaimer: I didnt take my own advice and got the BFG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts