ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
oh, and I noticed it said the zex kit was never used on the car. Ha. How many people belive that?? It talks about them using it in the magazine and they dyno'd the car while spraying! I think it got somthing like 235 at the wheels with the juice.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,069 Posts
Torik's car is up for sale again? I never did get a chance to see it up close, and it's not more than 20min from here...

*runs for car with hi-jacking gear in hand*

:lol:

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would actually buy this thing but anyone that gives the b.s. comment that the nos has never been used before just makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with the car.

Also, id love to put a blower in it but theres no room.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would actually buy this thing but anyone that gives the b.s. comment that the nos has never been used before just makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with the car.

Also, id love to put a blower in it but theres no room.
No room??? Ha. I'll post pics when I get mine... prob the comptech.

Oh, and as for the steering rack, what do you mean "chopped it"? You mean did they move it forward? If so, yes they did and so did I. But, I'll challange any miata to the twisties... in other words, mine still turns perfect.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I remember the article saying something about the car being 30-40 hp short from normal F20C power because of the intake and/or exhaust pipe routing. Did they ever take care of that problem?

Also, I wonder how hard it would be to put an A/C compressor in there?

I soooo want this car! =P~

·
Registered
343 Posts
I remember the article saying something about the car being 30-40 hp short from normal F20C power because of the intake and/or exhaust pipe routing. Did they ever take care of that problem?

Also, I wonder how hard it would be to put an A/C compressor in there?

I soooo want this car! =P~
AC compressor won't fit because the steering rack sits where the AC compressor would mount. And, they first tried to put a super high flow exhaust system on it which lowered the WHP, but when they put the stock exhaust peices on it, they got 201 at the wheels w/out the bottle.

·
3,857 Posts
No doubt it's very special but I would preffer an MP62... I know you won't :p

And I would still have the A/C for everyday driving...

·
4,436 Posts
Sellers feedback is sketchy and I am not buying half the content in his vehicle ad (first rate audio, never used the nitrous, paint in exec shape, etc). Nice car for someone to really make it unique to the next level.- anyone notice the headlamp buckets are missing? Or maybe the pics are just playing games on my old eyes.

·
3,857 Posts
Wow!
No, not I didn't until now!
Ypu have very sharp eyes blue potato!
But I did notice that the hazard light & pop up light switches are both missing!
I know I'm not expecting congratulations for that but it makes me wonder how is the dash from inside (if the vents do bring air etc)

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its crap most likely but its not every day that you see this kinda of car on ebay. someone with a boner for it will buy it, and then be annoyed when something goes wrong. Still doesnt change the fact that i think its a cool thing to do

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Not sure what a used F20C and transmission runs for, but it seems like a pretty good price to me, the car looks to be in pretty good shape, even has a hard top...

If I had a few grand, I'd consider selling my Miata and buying that one. Then going through it top to bottom, tearing out the nitrous kit and stereo crap, etc. etc.

·
Registered
343 Posts
My engine, tranny, ECU, OBD2 wiring, evap system, driveshaft, etc from a wrecking yard ran me $5,000. Then, other misc parts from honda came to about $3000 or so. Id say I have about $9000 to $10,000 into it, which for a swap of this nature isn't too bad IMO.

When I contacted Torik, they told me they were willing to do the swap for $4,000 Labor, which after doing the swap myself, and seeing the work involved, Id say its a pretty good deal.

As for buying this car, Id keep this in mind. It has no soft top
1.6l diff (which would be a pain to upgrade since the driveline has been customized for the smaller diff)
Its been driven HARD.. No doubt about it
and it will NEVER be able to be smoged due to the lack of emissions equipt on it and the crazy twisted manifold they fabbed.

If you live in an area that won't ever require smog checks, then it might not be a bad race car to buy. Its worth probably close to $12,000 IMO as long as it runs good.

Oh, and did anyone read about the hole in the cat and the vibrations??? hmmm, might want to get that fixed prior to buying :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
well, aren't you lucky.

Oh, and im pretty sure a time will come in the near future where smog laws will be pushed on all states by the federal government.. then you won't be smiling ;)

And, a soft top does come in handy if its a daily driver.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts