ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know if it's possible to do.

I have searched, but it did me no good.

The HI and low beams on the BSP headlights are both H3s.

And wondering if that's do-able to fit the S2K projectors into the low beams.

Thanks.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I'd go to Autozone and look up the replacement bulbs for the S2000, see if the part number and/or size matches your Miata.

Just my first idea.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
It could work. But very few people with the BSP knockoff KG Works lamps have modified them for projectors so there is a virtually nonexistent knowledge base. You'll be on your own with a project this custom. I recall seeing pics of someone who put Angel Eye rings in them so the lenses can be pulled apart and customized if you'd like. AAC does mods like this all the time for other lighting units. They might be able to offer some support but it'll cost you greatly. If DIY you might want to check the VWVortex and some Honda forums as the owners of those cars do this sort of projector conversion much more frequently and would have more experience to share with you on the actual process.

·
3,857 Posts
The easier way to get good HIDs is to sell your Brainstorm units and then buy some MOSS low pros and the H9 HIDs...

·
3,857 Posts
...or fit H9 in the Brainstorm kit

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I think that's why he wants to put the projectors in so he can go to HID. Retrofitting HID bulbs into housings not originally designed for them is not only illegal but it produces poor quality light output. Nearly all automotive HID applications are designed for projector housings not reflex housings. The HID bulb is different shape/size than typical halogen bulb and the focal point for the light is different giving different optics with a reflex housing. While retrofitting the S2k projectors into BSP lights is still technically illegal it is more feasible than just adapting the stock reflex housings for HID bulbs.

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys-
First off, thank you for all the replies and info.
THe reason why I am doing the S2K/TSX projectors retrofit is not for the looks, it's for the output. I am going to do the whole assembly from projectors to ballast to the D2S bulbs. I should be posting up a DIY when I get to it in about a month. But before that, I want to make sure everything fits and would function properly. Well, if it has never really been done, I guess I will just try it out and see.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
135 Posts
retro fit the s2k projectors into your existing headlamps or pick up some aftermarket clearhousing lamps and retro the projectors into there.

problem with the s2k projectors is the size of their housing. tsx or tl projectors might give you better results since they are more compact.

·
Supporting Member
828 Posts
I am way interested in the results of this mod.
I have a set of the BSP dual lights that I recently removed because the reflectors in all four light housing were completely dulled from dirt/age. (I have seen a previous thread that said new housings are still available, but I would want better light out put).

I have been looking around the net for any info on possible lighting upgrades or other mods and have found nothing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, it won't be another month or so until I tackle this mod as I am parting out my show car.
But I will be ordering wheels, full interior within the month, then ill start on the headlights.

Yes, I also looked into the TSX projectors, also the hidplanet website.

I will post info as soon as I free up more time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After more research, I have came across with another issue.

When I retrofit the lights, how the hell am I suppose to protect the projectors?

I have also been looking into the rallylights' site, which they sell 90mm Hella projectors for both halegeon and Xenon.

I will do more research, and I hope to produce a DIY for fellow miata owners for future references.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts