ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I am aware there have been threads about this in the past but I have searched and i haven't found much detailed information about the actual install. I've read that the s2000 seats have 17" between the rails whereas the miata only has 13" so obviously not a direct bolt job. I have contacted a welder so thats not a problem. I'm just looking for some details that anyone can make available as to exactly how the procedure has been done in the past. Look forward to getting these seats in!

thanks in advance

·
Registered
117 Posts
they are worth the effort, I've seen a couple of people with them can't remember their names though. i want some but id rather have some brides, and buy an s2k later on.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was about to settle for some replica brides but I picked up a pair of black ap1 seats today for 380 locally.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
the black ones on CL? I was just looking at those... They seem like they would sit too high for my comfort.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea drove to raleigh today and got them. Really sketchy guy who sold them to me. He said they were taken out of his wrecked s2000, ill take his word for it i guess.

Thanks for that link, ill check it out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn well there in good shape.. I think ill like them more than bride reps though because they are reclinable and leather, just overall better quality than replica brides at least. Plus this is my daily drive and ive heard mixed reviews about bride reps comfort especially if your bigger than a 32 waist... I may call this guy back and ask him some questions about the history of the seats. I feel kinda bad that theres a chance I have stolen seats now. -_-

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do seats look stolen? There in great shape I would never think they were stolen from just looking at them. Plus on the phone he told me that they were from a wrecked car.. He had a two hondas at his house when I was there that looked like they were in the process of being worked on. Maybe he was just looking for a quick sale because around here thats about the average price.. stolen or not, who knows!

heres the drivers side. the passenger has even less wear.

·
Registered
84 Posts
By default I assume every Honda part is stolen until proven otherwise. S2k is a target car. Hopefully yours aren't though

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I just talked to the guy. When i asked him how he wrecked his s2000 he just said "uhhh I hit a pole." kinda skeptical to say the least. Then he continued to say that If i would have asked to see the car while i was there he could have showed me it behind his garage. He said i didnt have to worry about them being stolen and if its ever a problem that i know where he lives and have his information.. Not like that would ever happen though. SO i probably have some hot seats- feeling shitty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
well you could try digging some infos on him, like googling his name or finding him on fb. maybe you'll get lucky and find pics of his "wrecked s2k" and maybe match the wear marks on the seat. idk, just an idea

·
Registered
84 Posts
Only real way to prove they aren't stolen is seeing the original title with his name on it. A photocopy wouldn't be that hard to get I imagine

·
Supporting Member
873 Posts
Ok I just talked to the guy. When i asked him how he wrecked his s2000 he just said "uhhh I hit a pole." kinda skeptical to say the least. Then he continued to say that If i would have asked to see the car while i was there he could have showed me it behind his garage. He said i didnt have to worry about them being stolen and if its ever a problem that i know where he lives and have his information.. Not like that would ever happen though. SO i probably have some hot seats- feeling shitty.

What are you gonna do about your guilt? Give them to the police, and kiss your money goodbye? You already made your deal with the devil, so live with it, and get them installed.
Tell us how they fit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts