ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen an article on this swap or am i just making this up? Just was wondering whats the work and what it looks like. :?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
It's a cool swap, but it's gonna either be a lot of work or cost a lot. vtecMX5 hasn't posted since November, but if I remember correctly he never got rid of a weird vibration in the driveshaft.

A friend of mine just had a shop do the swap into an AE86 and it was quite expensive bit of work.

·
Registered
151 Posts
oh.. its a F20C not F22 thats why #-o Looks like alot of work!
The 2nd-gen S2k (if you want to call it that) had a 2.2L, so F22? would be correct if you had been referring to that engine. The 2.0L is still a great engine and no doubt makes more glorious sounds thanks to the higher redline.

·
Registered
116 Posts
yeah one of my dream projects...

read the thread posted above.

realized that it is way out of my league at this time.

maybe five years from now when i will have acquired much more layout/fabrication experience....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I noticed that after i checked for f20c... i guess some one needs to do the 07 f22c now.??

·
Registered
30 Posts
The F20C1 came on 1999-2003 S2000s, from 2004-2007 they come with the F22C1. From 06 on, they added Drive By Wire/Traction Control/etc which makes that engine difficult to swap. If you want the 2.0L, do it with an engine out of a 1999-2003, if you want the 2.2L use the engine out of a 2004 or 2005.

That's my car on S2KI, the motor is out right now and the car is at the paint shop, it should be back next week.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
super street july 2005 is the article, for what it's worth.

kevin

1 - 20 of 28 Posts