ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Looks good. We don't see too many 3-point roll bars in the US since most amateur motorsports events require 4 mounting points if you install a roll bar. Is it made out of CrMo steel? How does the center forward brace bar mount to the tunnel? Is it possible to mount it to the passenger side so that it doesn't obstruct the driver's arm?

·
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
freedomgli said:
Looks good. We don't see too many 3-point roll bars in the US since most amateur motorsports events require 4 mounting points if you install a roll bar. Is it made out of CrMo steel? How does the center forward brace bar mount to the tunnel? Is it possible to mount it to the passenger side so that it doesn't obstruct the driver's arm?
I'll have to ask the owner, but IIRC it's CroMo. If you look closely, it has 2 mounting points in front, making it a 4 (or 5? point bar). IIRC, it mounts to the seat belt mounting hole, but again I'll take a closer look.

No idea yet on the price, I'll try to ask.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Oh, I do see the door bars now that you mention it. However, that type of bar would still not be compliant with most US racing organizations' rules since they typically require two fore-aft braces attached near the top of the main roll hoop. Cusco does make bars that will work, though, and it's very cool to see something different than the normal HardDog. Thanks for sharing your pics.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Sweet looking rollbar, hey Greg, that's not your car is it? i remember you had a full Mazdaspeed interior........... 8)

PhatMiata

·
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, not my car, one of our local club members owns it. I'm still deciding what bar I'll replace my BSP style bar with...

This is a picture of the more traditional Cusco roll bar (warning, it looks painful):

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058240

M

·
0 Posts
freedomgli said:
Is it possible to mount it to the passenger side so that it doesn't obstruct the driver's arm?
Cusco=JDM=RHD so no obstruction for RHD's left elbow. I imagine the bracket on the top lateral for the diagonal is off-center to the LHD side. I gues you could relocate the bracket to the RHD side of the lateral but then you'd be ruining the nice blue anodizing.

·
Registered
369 Posts
That looks really good !!

although as some have mentioned shifting may be a little tricky :)

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
The thing I like the most about the Cusco rollbars is the blue paint :D :D

Too bad the JDM rollbars tend to mount to the floor, and kind of impedes the seat travel and also blocks the seatbelt....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Greg Germar said:
No, not my car, one of our local club members owns it. I'm still deciding what bar I'll replace my BSP style bar with...

This is a picture of the more traditional Cusco roll bar (warning, it looks painful):

Wow, I'm betting that driver went straight to church after that crash!

That blue Cusco bar looks kind of uncomfortable, I'd be getting swelbows all the time from it myself. Nice though!

·
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
firedog25 said:
Greg Germar said:

Wow, I'm betting that driver went straight to church after that crash!

That blue Cusco bar looks kind of uncomfortable, I'd be getting swelbows all the time from it myself. Nice though!
That was a scary moment, but he's allright now. :?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Wow, as much as I love JDM parts, I don't think I would go THAT far out of my way to enjoy osmehting..... I would remove the center bar for sure.

Still VERY cool, thanks for posting that. I had never seen it before!

·
Registered
14 Posts
In the top pic, the bar that goes down the middle looks like its on a hinge, so couldnt you technically just bolt it to the other side of the center console

1 - 20 of 32 Posts