ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that is interested in following my K20 Miata swap, I've created a facebook page simply to make it easier for myself to post updates and progress in one spot rather than 5+ Mazda/Honda forums I am a member of.

https://www.facebook.com/samakhanskswapmiata

Like the page if you wish. For those that don't have Facebook, I'll try my best to post updates in here any chance I get.

I purchased the Kmiata kit and am using a k20a2 from a 2003 Acura RSX Type-S.

Ultimately, I am planning to do a mild engine build and bolt on a C38-91 Rotrex Supercharger in hopes to make ~400whp/300ft/lbs torque

The car will be my summer cruiser/track toy.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
So is the top three pics of yours or? :dunno:

Either way i am intrigued and look forward to your progress! :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Yes, that's his car.
That's crazy, it looks almost identical(other than the wheels) to that gorgeous car(sorry I can't recall his user name) that was parted out not long ago. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Why did you go k20a instead of a k24?

My friend has an S2K with K24 bottom end from a TSX and a K20 head from an RSX-S that is magical. Why not that route?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
how much you wanna bet after the k-swap he sells the car/parts it out?

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Why did you go k20a instead of a k24?

My friend has an S2K with K24 bottom end from a TSX and a K20 head from an RSX-S that is magical. Why not that route?
Probably because a k24/k20 hybrid is more $$$ although the best of both worlds w/ the displacement/torque of the k24 and the better flow head/better valvetrain from the k20 head. The k20 will still do near 300hp w/ bolt ons and a tune w/o cracking it apart.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Probably because a k24/k20 hybrid is more $$$ although the best of both worlds w/ the displacement/torque of the k24 and the better flow head/better valvetrain from the k20 head. The k20 will still do near 300hp w/ bolt ons and a tune w/o cracking it apart.
I guess so. It just seems like he is really "advertising" this build here and on facebook, so I'm curious why he doesn't go all out.

·
Registered
823 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Saturday's project, while waiting for parts to arrive involved de-powering the NB Miata power steering rack. Getting rid of power steering is a little more complicated than removing just the pump and looping the lines together. To clear the Kmiata pan, the fluid inlets on the rack body itself needed to be ground off and welded shut. The rack was completely taken apart to remove all seals to reduce friction and the shaft was turned on the lathe to remove a few millimeters of material off the piston seal to reduce friction as well. Also slop in the steering is caused by space between the splines on the 2 piece pinion shaft which I had my good friend Chubz weld together. All said and done, the steering should be tight and responsive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great choice on a swap. This is my engine swap when I do one in a year. I built k20/k24 supercharged swap for my Integra sedan DB8 with full A/C and power steering as it was my daily driver. Reliable and mod friendly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts