ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to plan a meet soon at Super Autobacs some weekend afternoon.

We could compare notes in the parking lot, tour the store and make fun of all the overpriced Honda parts, gripe that they don't carry any parts for our cars, watch some drifting DVDs in the lounge upstairs, and then grab some grub!

I believe if we plan ahead and inform the store management, they may do something special for us like a discount on air fresheners.

:wink:

Who's in?

1. Bill Wilner

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Re: SoCal meet @ Super Autobacs in Stanton

here is another idea -

Have you ever been to the crystal cove car meet on saturday morning in Newport Coast? Its early (7am), but all types of vool cars show up. Last time I was there, there was everything from a R34 GTR, an Enzo, a twin turbo Lambo Guiardo, a twin supercharged 360, a Ford RS200, to old woodies and american muscle cars.

Its early, but a much cooler place to meet that superautobac. There is nothing cool to see there. Might as well meet at a Kragen Autoparts store...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: SoCal meet @ Super Autobacs in Stanton

Nah, Crystal Cove is too much of a mob scene especially now that everyone knows about it. We'd never even find each other!

Plus CC is a whole different spirit than what attracts us to our Miatas. Our cars are about "bang for the buck." The CC mentality is all about conspicuous consumption. It's fascinating to see as a spectator, but the scene there celebrates a philosophy that's counter to why most of us are into Miatas.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Come on. I've seen the build list on your car. I don't think that if you were to look at the "bang" you've gotten for your "buck" you'd be talking about bargain basement. ;) And you you think that the quick lube and monster truck mud flaps at the super autobacs represent the miata?

To each thier own I guess...

Finding each other wouldn't be hard with a cell phone and a meeting point. But thats fine. If you don't want to go to Crystal Cove, thats fine.

It would be frankily better to just meet at a restraunt. At least there are places to sit and talk thier. I don't like the attention super autobacs gets from the local law enforcment. I'd be nervous to pop my hood in that parking lot...

either way, I'll mark it on my calendar. But I won't be super compelled to show if its at super autobacs...

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Ive been going to super autobacs since the day it has opened and dropped in on acouple of meets and have never had problems with cops, or frankly, seen many cops there.

I have also been to Crystal Cove serval times and Bill is right, it is deffinatly cool, but it is a mob scene, parking is limited. I dig the cars there for sure though.

Autobacs meets are easy to organize and is located very close to major freeways. Makes sense. Pick out a date yet Bill?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
all the a arms are out of my car until next weekend. (bushing job) I'd like to come in the car, but its not ready until later.

On another note, a set of R speed's chaparals just showed up in the same champagne color as my car. they are super sick. I am suprised at how nice they are. great looking wheel.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
you know where the crystal cove shopping center is? right off PCH in front of Newport Coast.

I anyone else whats to head there, I could go as soon as this saturday morning. (however my miata has no A Arms in it right now...)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts