ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I need to ask if I go with the TrackDog Radical splitter like the one Sharka had on his and I'm doing high speeds on the highway.... will this affect driving in anyway? I've had a few friends tell me it'll bring the front down more because of aerodynamics. If that's the case would I be losing that much traction on the rear where it becomes that unsafe to be doing normal highway speeds? Mainly getting this for looks.

·
Vendor
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front air splitters, especially aggressive ones on lowered cars, are designed to work in partnership with a rear wing by channelling air up and over your car to the wing. In fact, the rear wing is generally where performance drivers want the downforce, and so the front splitter is designed to make the rear wing work better. If you don't have a rear wing there is not really much point in a front splitter and I'm hesitant to recommend one. Especially if it's an aggressive splitter like Sharka's. What wing does Sharka have?

And yes there will be some downforce at the front of your car with a splitter. Will it upset your car? Well, do you only drive it normal highway speeds to shows, you'll be fine. If you ever track your car at high speeds, you probably don't want to just have a front splitter.

I hope this helps but write back and let me know if you have more questions! Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I don't think Sharka has a wing. I don't track or race my Miata. Normal highway speeds for me. And I actually bought the TougeRun ducktail from Moss so that is already on my car. So what do you think?

I would very much still like to get this. Thanks Chris for your input and opinion.

·
Administrator
15,321 Posts
strong 30% lol

Hence the "up to."

Handball, TDR says on their site that their splitters are for show purposes, and that any actual performance improvements are accidental.

I wouldn't worry about it upsetting your car or destroying your MPG on the highway or anything.

·
Vendor
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Ben. Indeed our sale is "up to 30% off". Sorry you found a 10%er.

I'm not getting emails from this thread when you guys post although I'm subscribed... so I'm sorry if there's any lag in me answering your questions. Please PM me instead?

·
Vendor
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exofuji - the kit you are linking to is as pictured, yes. Are you expecting something different? Our photographer pulls the kit from the warehouse to shoot it, so it's what you'll receive. Let me know if you have any specific concerns?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Exofuji - the kit you are linking to is as pictured, yes. Are you expecting something different? Our photographer pulls the kit from the warehouse to shoot it, so it's what you'll receive. Let me know if you have any specific concerns?
I'm just really surprised because every other kit I've seen with both inner & outer boots is generally a bit pricier.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Hence the "up to."

Handball, TDR says on their site that their splitters are for show purposes, and that any actual performance improvements are accidental.

I wouldn't worry about it upsetting your car or destroying your MPG on the highway or anything.
ahhhh yes i saw that over the weekend. Thanks brother.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts