ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just stopping by to say hi! im from port arthur,texas. im a big honda fanatic but my first car was my miata. i had a ton of work done to it years ago but its been sitting in storage for about 3years. and sadly the garage it was in caught on fire and burnt some of my car. but i'm now making a better living and i'm piecing it back together. found this website and hopefully i can help someone and i can get some cool info too. :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome! From another Honda fan that drives a Miata.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the whole story on why the fire was started was apparently never solved. the police is extremely useless atleast in this area. but, its over now. after the accident happend i had completely gave up on it just because life was pretty rough at the time and it only made it harder. but i got over it and kept moving forward for several different reasons. and i got my miata back and the further i get into fixing it i know its getting hrader but i'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel. and it will definately be on the road again. i plan to have it on the road by feb. of next year.(without paint.) but i think i got some pix ill try to get them up for you guys. but thanx for the warm welcome! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
suspension/brakes is all in excellent shape. i already needed a new top. i'm buying:
-complete front end
-windshield(already cracked)
-new floor harness
-all new lights front and back
-i was going to put my Volk Gtp rims on there but, as soon as i figure out how to mount some wide rims on there i will be buying new rims.
-i also have new seats for it.

and there is plenty more stuff but i just cant think right now. but amazingly when i picked it up and i popped open the trunk i had some pix i took of it back a few years when i used to drive it. and i decided however long it takes or whatever it takes i will get it back on the road. i will try to get some of those pix up here in a little bit

·
Registered
439 Posts
dang.. sorry to see those pictures :(.

i remember hearing a story where a FD owner had a similar encounter. he immediately grabbed the fire extinguisher located under the pass seat and ran to rescue his car. turned out the extinguisher was a defective one. burnt his hands and arms trying to put out the fire but it just kept on spreading. real sad.. :cry:

anyway..the miata is a fun and easy car to work on.
LET THE RESTORATION BEGIN!! =D>

·
3,857 Posts
Welcome!
Sorry to say so but the only reason it's worth to do it...is if you are "attached" to it... (first car etc)
Nowadays you can easily can find a decent miata for 1-2K ...
At least to me seems easier to deal with mechanical stuff than with bodywork...
It's a tough decision...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome!
Sorry to say so but the only reason it's worth to do it...is if you are "attached" to it... (first car etc)
Nowadays you can easily can find a decent miata for 1-2K ...
At least to me seems easier to deal with mechanical stuff than with bodywork...
It's a tough decision...
yeah i know exactly what you mean about it being worht it. when i got this car it had a blown head gasket and slipping clutch. i fixed all of it and i learned how to work on cars with it. i had already given up on it but, i went and looked at it and just figured it wasnt fair if i just left it there. i just figured i would bring it home and give it my best to fix it. and if i couldnt do it then at least i tried. i lost ALOT when that **** happend and i figure if i can at least get my miata back out of all of it, then it's not so bad...

i dunno if anyone agrees with me but thats just how i made my mind up about it. and also my little girl should be born here in a week or two so maybe i'll let her have it when she is 16 :oops:

·
3,857 Posts
All of my life I'm lacking either money or time!
The trick is to use what you have!
You can definitely do it and it would be fun!
I just got a bit scared lately because a friend of mine is painting his car and I realised how difficult is to paint (properly) a car!
But the most important is to keep it running and the proper paint job will come latter ;) or never (don't get me wrong but with a nice CF hood and trunk you are good to go!)...
So don't be intimidated!
Keep us posted!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
beieve me i know exactly what you mean about time and money. but things have been going oki and also right now i am about to start working 7-12's but as soon as that job calms down i will have some time to put it together as of right now i have took off most of the damaged parts including most of the wiring harness. but since i just transfered to this new job i'm in that idle mode right now since im stuck without a check for a little bit. but thanx guys for all the support ill definately keep you guys updated!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
also the plan with the body is that im just going to replace everything in the front. and i'm buying my wife a electric sander so she can sand it down along with me lol ill be taking it to my friends shop so he can primer it and as soon as i make a little more money it'll be getting painted but i hate choosing a color im way too indecisive.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
welcome to the forum and i have total respect for what you are doing. keep us updated and let us know how the process goes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts